Martial Power - What do you hope to see?

That One Guy

First Post
Title says it.

I suppose it should be clarified that if there's something confirmed that you're hoping doesn't get pulled also counts. For me, that's Tempest Fighter.

Okay, so I'm hoping for a lot of new (and valid) level 1 @-will attack powers. I'm hoping for more encounter/@-will Utility powers. I want powers for a staff-fighter (although as is, I think the mace's would transfer over well). I want some way to get more mileage out of the versatile property. An epic tier crit range boost feat for ranged attacks. I'd dig a few more powers for 2-handed fighters.

So, what do you want to see?

Fallen Seraph

First Post
-Class oriented Equipment. So mundane things that a Fighter, Rogue, Warlord, and Ranger are likely to have.

-Something similar to Skill Tricks (be handy for Rogues).

-Something similar to my favourite feat of all time in 3.5; "Daring Outlaw" for most of the classes. A kinda of, additional multiclass feat to help meld two-classes together even more.

-Swashbuckler Builds/PPs for the classes, especially Rogue and Ranger.

-Back-of-the-line Build for the Warlord.

-Ranged Rogue Build/PP (already confirmed for the PP).

Those are things that stick in my mind right now.

ppaladin123

Adventurer

This. I'd also like to see something like a "brawler," unarmed fighting build with throws and grabs and so forth. I wouldn't even mind if this ended up being the "monk" in 4e.

I'd also like to see a feat (probably epic tier) that allows for characters (or at least fighters) to use two-stances at once. There was a class ability like that in Bo9S and I'm dying to see it make a comeback.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Oh yeah, a "Brawler" Build for a Fighter be absolutely wonderful. Perhaps one for a Rogue too (hey, don't see why not, a eye-gouge or a shattered knee is quite street-brawler and very strikery as well).

It is something that I have felt has never had a real representation in D&D, since the Monk has always stolen the spotlight for unarmed combat.

Rechan

Adventurer
I came here to say this; the warlord in my group is utterly unsatisfied with having to be in melee to do anything for anyone. (I personally am hoping for a ranged-based Warlord, but anything will do).

A brawler fighter is something I've wanted for a long, long time, but I doubt we'll see it.

A mounted fighter would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

That One Guy

First Post
-Something similar to my favourite feat of all time in 3.5; "Daring Outlaw" for most of the classes. A kinda of, additional multiclass feat to help meld two-classes together even more.
I too love that feat. But, I really think it could work really well in 4e. I hadn't thought of anything like that in a while... but that is a really really neat concept.

Imagine a fighter whose triggered challenge attack could add in SA damage. Or, a rogue whose SA could mark. Is this what you had in mind? Because I very much like this.
(Also, a PP that required Fighter and the ability to deal sneak attack damage would be a cool way to do something like that)

Everything else on yours and Rechan's list would be cool.

Rechan,
Would feats for making mounted combat more worthwhile be okay? Like... being mounted gives a +1 to hit or maybe a +1/tier to damage? Or a mounted charge feat? Or a mounted defense feat? Or, do you mean like powers that can only be used while mounted/benefit from being mounted?

Yeah, a ranged warlord would be quite excellent. I don't think it'd imbalance the game to allow the powers that exist use as ranged, but it'd be nice to have something hardcoded into the rules.
Lots of new power-ups for weapon users. Because we all know they need it!
Yeah, I reread that old article from 2007. There was an estimation that a fighter's weapon choice would be important from level 1. I think weapon-oriented encounter powers for every level would be quite excellent.

Last edited:

Zsig

Explorer
I'm hoping for weapon-specific encounter powers (and dailies too if possible) for all levels, and not just 3-13-23 (Obviously, I'm talking about the fighter).

Paragon Paths covering the other weapons, and not just swords...

The idea of a backline Warlord does sound pretty neat. I remeber there were 2 new builds listed on the compendium when it launched, one of which dealing with shields IIRC.

I'm not that much into strikers, so whatever they do with rogues and rangers, I don't care.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I came here to say this; the warlord in my group is utterly unsatisfied with having to be in melee to do anything for anyone. (I personally am hoping for a ranged-based Warlord, but anything will do).

A brawler fighter is something I've wanted for a long, long time, but I doubt we'll see it.

A mounted fighter would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

If we don't see a separate brawler path, I'll probably just take the tempest, add some adventurer vault items, and play with the (slightly underwhelming) spike gauntlets.

I'm guessing divine power will give us a paladin with a mount....

Remove ads