Marvel could publish DC.

ROBERT KIRKMAN RUMORED TO BUY DC COMICS​

The deal, if it happens, would see DC Comics licensed out to where whoever got the license would be free to develop the characters as they wish, with AT&T free to adapt those stories if AT&T/WB wished to do so.

---

I guess AT&T and Disney will stop to publish paper comics and they will licence the franchises. Who would pay that money? I doubt the current comic publishers, neither a cinema producer company because it would be help the rivals. Mattel and Hasbro had got enough reasons, because those printed comics would be the hook to sell toys, the true target. Videogame studios would rather to start from zero with their own IPs with total creative freedom, and superheroes are hard to be adapted into videogames when they are too powerful.

My theory is something is going to happen, and this will affect all entertaiment industry, causing a lot of the changes in the chairs of the CEOs of many importants megacorporations.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My theory is something is going to happen, and this will affect all entertaiment industry, causing a lot of the changes in the chairs of the CEOs of many importants megacorporations.

If the thing is sold, it is because it isn't actually worth all that much to the people who have it. Thus, it isn't worth enough to cause much of an impact if it is sold.

Today lots of manga, I mean, paper printed editions, are published. Lots of readers would buy superheroes comics but.... the current fandom doesn't like very much the type of stories today are being published. Lots of readers don't feel welcome when they spend their money for a comic where the writter has got a different point of view about who are the good or the bad guys. The society of 2021 isn't like the generation who bought "Preacher" comics. And this is not only about comics, but also a growing reject against all Hollywood. Today the current potential fanboys don't feel identified with fictional characters who are too perfect, too handsome and never make mistakes. Today a gamer used to the shooter multiplayers who watchs a old far west movie can't believe the bad guys with a markmanship so horrible, even when old guns had got worse precision. And today other "indie" comic publishers are making enough money to survive at least, and some titles even have been adapted into action-live productions, for example Umbrella Academy or "the boys". Nor DC neither Marvel are selling the right product.

My suggestion is to publish motion webcomics in internet, at least something like "demo" or free-to-play equivalent, and enough "family-friendly". Then if those characters start to become popular the fandom will buy merchandising products.

MARVEL VS. DC GAME RUMORED FROM NETHERREALM​

The Marvel vs Capcom games were so so (I did like the first one), so maybe Disney is going to NetherRealm Studios to create a Marvel fighting game for them.

Regarding potential "conflict" between Disney and WB, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment did release the LEGO Marvel game, so obviously, that isn't an issue, and I do believe Disney is now licensing out all its video games instead of creating them in-house.

The only possible issue I see is that we are assuming the Marvel fighting game would be similar to Injustice and Mortal Kombat and be mature or R-rated, but Disney doesn't seem to be about making Marvel products mature (except for Deadpool 3).

Rikka66

Adventurer
I don't think anyone is assuming Marvel would be a Mortal Kombat level rating. Injustice is far from being a Mortal Kombat rating.

Remove ads