Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited on Android?

Felon

First Post
One of the things that would make a tablet an appealing purchase would be the capability to access Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited anywhere. It won't work on Applie iOS because Apple won't incorporate Flash. I'm wondering if it performs on an Android device, as they do include Flash. Has anyone tried it out?

If it works, then that makes a Motorola Xoom or HP Touchpad look sweet, or perhaps the upcoming ASUS Slider or Transformer.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hopefully Marvel will now build out an android app due to apple's new digital publications subscription policy (which forbids them from selling at different prices on different media services, forces Marvel to have fork over 30% of their in iDevice app revenues for subscriptions, and requies Marvel not to have a subscription link to their website on their own app).

Anyways, if you have air installed on an android device you could use android's graphic.ly app (I find it funny that air 2.6 has been released with honeycomb functionality, yet flash hasn't been optimalized for honeycomb yet).

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Anyone actually getting a Xoom now that they're available?

I'm waiting on a wifi model, or an external battery that'll work for the ASUS EP121.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I am, and I also plan on waiting for the Wifi one (I was going to get it for myself as my birthday present).

I'm hoping that Best Buy* actually has demo modes so I could play around with it, but sadly, I think they would treat it like a "phone" and have the plastic "this is how the interface looks" stickers like they do with all the droids.

*I hate stepping into Verizon since their salesmen swarm you worse then voltures do a corpse in the desert (and at least geek squad leaves you alone when you say "I don't need help.").

Remove ads