Marvel to Launch Official 'MARVEL MULTIVERSE' Tabletop Role-Playing Game in 2022

Matt Forbeck announced on Twitter that he’s working on a new in-house D616 Marvel RPG due for a 2022 release! It looks like there will be an open playtest.

20325EE8-0395-467B-8DF9-DE1D6E32469F.jpeg

What’s the D617 System? “… the all-new D616 System, an accessible and easy-to-learn system for newcomers to tabletop RPGs and a natural evolution for those familiar with the most popular tabletop role-playing games on the market. Use Might, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, and Logic to win the day, and discover your true abilities as you face impossible odds!”

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Not much new info that I can find on this four months after the initial announcement. One thing, if Amazon has the correct date, is that the vague March 2022 release date is now showing a specific date of March 29, 2022 and a page count of 104 and it is $9.99. That date is now officially after Doctor Strange 2 hits theaters, so as I wondered before, if the game includes all Marvel properties, Loki has aired, and What If? has aired, and the multiverse of DS2 will be known, how will it all work together?
As of Loki and What If... there is No Canon so every game table is a unique timeline where players create their own M.A.R.V.E.L stories, the company gets to mine the MCU for basic build ideas and then give players permission to have Variants of everything

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That date is now officially after Doctor Strange 2 hits theaters, so as I wondered before, if the game includes all Marvel properties, Loki has aired, and What If? has aired, and the multiverse of DS2 will be known, how will it all work together?

I don't think it has to "all work together". This is not the "Marvel Released Canon" RPG. The titular acceptance of the Multiverse means that every game is its own thing, and you don't have to worry about it all.

I also asked Matt Forbeck on Twitter if those were just placeholders or the real deal and he said that date and price are as accurate as he is aware, though things can change.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I don't think it has to "all work together". This is not the "Marvel Released Canon" RPG. The titular acceptance of the Multiverse means that every game is its own thing, and you don't have to worry about it all.
Yeah, I will be very surprised if this game is well-coordinated with the MCU as of whenever it's published.

aramis erak

Legend
Not much new info that I can find on this four months after the initial announcement. One thing, if Amazon has the correct date, is that the vague March 2022 release date is now showing a specific date of March 29, 2022 and a page count of 104 and it is $9.99. That date is now officially after Doctor Strange 2 hits theaters, so as I wondered before, if the game includes all Marvel properties, Loki has aired, and What If? has aired, and the multiverse of DS2 will be known, how will it all work together?
According to Amazon, That's the public playtest version - loss leader pricing. Expect the final game to be later and more expensive.

According to Amazon, That's the public playtest version - loss leader pricing. Expect the final game to be later and more expensive.

I somehow missed this reply to me, but of course it is the price for just the playtest version. No one ever said anything different.

And for everyone following this thread, who might somehow miss the new announcement thread:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Since we now know rolls will be 3d6 and something special happens when you roll 6-1-6, let's speculate on the system itself.

With 3d6 there are 216 possible combinations of results. That 6-1-6 thing will happen...what...3/216 or 1.38%.

There's two top contenders for resolution. 3d6 added together vs TN or 3d6 looking for successes.

Looking for successes is slightly easier and faster. Added together is slightly slower. Neither is particularly "familiar" to D&D players. 3d6 added together is slightly more familiar as it's one of the lesser used options for generating character stats. If you're rolling stats in D&D it's more likely to be 4d6 drop the lowest.

Maybe that "familiar" line is about the six stats being nearly identical to D&D's six.

MARVEL. Might. Agility. Resilience. Vigilance. Ego. Logic.

Ego is the odd one out. The rest are fairly straightforward. STR, DEX, CON, WIS, X, INT.

Does Ego the Living Planet have that stat maxed?

I wonder if there will be any connection to the Official Power Grid Marvel has used. That 0-7 thing they have in their official books and appears in the wikias and fandom sites, like this one...

Though that has six stats, they're different than those presented in the RPG.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases