Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;ySsw-6aetys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsw-6aetys[/video]

Is this happening after the Avengers in the timeline? Is Coulson officially back?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yep. Coulson's officially back. The currently expected thing is that while Loki did run him through, they were able to save his life. Nick Fury lied to the Avengers to motivate them to action.

Nytmare

David Jose
I had been wondering if it was going to be that Coulson was a clone or something, or maybe had super powers himself. I had actually been half worried that it was going to turn into an "I wonder how Coulson dies in this episode" kind of thing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Is that supposed to be Luke Cage?

Possible. But, in the "bumper" - the segment at the start where they flip through a bunch of comics panels - is an image that hasn't been there before, of a hero called "Rage" from the New Warriors. The two together make a case for it not being Luke Cage.

I had been wondering if it was going to be that Coulson was a clone or something, or maybe had super powers himself. I had actually been half worried that it was going to turn into an "I wonder how Coulson dies in this episode" kind of thing.

Well, it IS a TV version of Marvel Comics, where death is rather famously a revolving door.

Consider the revival of Agent Coulson (with his offscreen revival a variant on the "never found the body" type of recovery) the first "Comic Book Death" in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it and wondering if they'll use this to have encounters/adventures with a lot of second and third-string heroes and villains who might not warrant their own movies.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Here's a longer trailer:

[video=youtube;PerIAuv27SQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ[/video]

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I thought they did a pretty good job of leaving Coulson's fate ambiguous in the movie. Certainly the Avengers were told that he had died, but having that be a lie didn't seem to be a stretch.

Actually, I'm not sure if his death was explicitly stated anywhere. The medics had "called it", but does that necessarily mean a death?

Thx!

TomB

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The lie was strongly hinted at when Fury's second-in-command (I forget her name) pointed out to him that he'd lied about how he got the baseball card. He replied that he'd done so to motivate the Avengers. The stronger hint there is that Coulson isn't dead.

Remove ads