• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep - Chapter 1: New York City

Yellow Sign

Explorer
KitanaVorr said:
"He sounds like a bad penny novel. Next thing you're going to tell me is some mysterious cult is after you with hatchets."

Just as Evelyn says this, a police man walks by carrying several bloody machetes in his hands. He comes up to the officer in charge and says. "Sargent, it's a bloody slaughter house down in the basement. I counted 10 bodies at least. Six looks like they just got gunned down and four look like they have been dead over a week or more. And thats not the worst of it. There is a pit with what looks several burned bodies bodies at the bottom. It's horrific. The bodies have all been melted together from the heat of the fire. Jackson lost his lunch just looking at it." With that a pasty faced police man can be seen being helped out of the alleyway by another.

The sargent looks over your group and then the two reporters. "Miss you will have to step back please. I need to question these gents here. Ok ,who are you and what where you doing down in that basement. And what the sam hill is going on here?"

Evelyn gets a chance to look over the group that the policeman is questioning. A pair of twin gents who have a shifty look to them. A well dressed gentleman who seems very nervious and wild eyed. Vommit can be seen on his jacket and he has a nasty bleeding gash on his forehead. There is a priest who seems to be trying to keep this gentleman calm. And a man with a british accent whose arm appears to be broken.

Police seem to be swarming the area now. Guy is over talking to a policeman by the paddy wagon.

Last edited:

Hearing the questioning, which seems to not be going so well, Joe walks over to the officers. He guides the Professor by the elbow, not trusting to leave him alone even for a moment.

"My name is Joe Savino, and I'm a priest from Saint Catherines. What you have been told is the truth, officers. The thing in that pit is not human, even if it looks that way to you now. The bodies that appear to have been dead for a week, were walking not an hour ago. My associates and I have reason to believe that all of this ties to the murder of Jackson Elias. We were here following up on some leads when we were attacked by these crazed cultists with machetes. What that thing in the pit is, I cannot say. And how men who look a week dead could have been walking not an hour ago, I also cannot say. That is the extent of what I can tell you. Now, if it would be okay, Thomas and John need medical attention."

Joe will attempt to flag down the ambulance personnel to assist his wounded friends.

OOC: Using every bit of that +7 Diplomacy skill while talking with the police!

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
It was a testament to her single-mindeness that Evelyn didn't get squeamish at the officer's description. Soon she was sure it would be a testatment to her stomach when she went to go see for herself.

After scribbling down everyone's names, she headed into the building with all the confidence of someone who should be there. Sticking her notebook into her large shoulder bag, she pulled out her camera, snapping pictures as she intended with all the gall of a reporter to sneak inside and get an exclusive on the whole story.

Shapermc

First Post
OOC: I am sorry for not stating that I would be away, but a few things came up over the past weeks. The government is trying to make me move, and I have to fight it. I think they will win :( . None the less I want to thank Festy_Dog for running Shorty. I will keep you updated and let you know if I have to move. Thanks again. :D

I am now cought up and will post after the police response.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
As the policeman questions the men, Evelyn heads down the alleyway to a small courtyard. Several policemen are looking over the bodies of 3 men, two negroes and one policeman laying on the ground. The door is open to a African curo shop just across the courtyard and a light is on inside. Evelyn walks bravely pass the police into the shop and see that it is a wreak. Bookcases and curo stands are pushed over and broken bric-a-brac is scattered on the floor. She sees a open trap door behind the sales counter which leads to a narrow set of stairs. A policeman has his back to you as you enter and you quickly walk over to the trap door and down the stairs. You hear some men talking down a corridor and some flashlights playing about in a room at the other end. As you walk quietly to the open door you see a chamber. Several bodies are piled up just inside the door. Nergo men covered in blood and who appear to have been shot. They have wicked looking machetes in their hands. The smell of rotting flesh and burnt flesh assails your nose as you see four other bodies. These men look to have been dead for some time. There skin is mottled. They have a wierd symbol carved into thier foreheads and their mouths are sewn shut. (Lose 1 point of sanity upon seeing the bodies.) They also have horrendous wounds all over their bodies which look to be gunshot and possibly knife wounds. Two policemen are shining their flashlights down into a pit which is in the middle of the room. The looks of disgust is plain on their faces.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The look of disbelief is plain on the face of the police sargent as he hears Father Joe's tale. He turns to the brothers. "And who are you two?" Looking into their faces with a puzzled look he then says. "Do I know you gents from somewhere?" Just at that moment Lt. Poole walks up. "Well! Well! How did I know yall would be involved in this" he says as he shakes his head. "Sargent Toms, I will take over here. These men look like they need some medical help. Go get some orderlies over here."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hamish seems to hide behind his brother, letting him handle any verbal conflicts now that the physical ones are over.

[ooc: Welcome back Shaper! :D And good luck with your current troubles.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads