• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep - Chapter 1: New York City

Krug

Newshound
Thomas tries to irritate the man. "The God of the Black Wind? You mean he farts smelly? What kind of stupid God is that?"

Seeing the lady reporter come out of the building in the hands of one of the cultists with a machete to her neck, Joe sighs quietly, a look of resignation on his face. He steps forward, away from Lt. Poole and the others, his arms held up and out in front of him.

"Why don't you let her go and use me as your hostage?" Joe says to the cultist. "Certainly your god of the bloody tongue would be much happier with you holding a priest hostage, someone who has no belief in any god save one. I'll walk right up to you, with my hands up and my back to you and you can exchange the machete from her to my throat."

Joe will then move as close as the cultist will let him, turning his back to him and keeping his hands up, in the event that the man actually takes him up on his offer.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hamish smiles to his brother and fishes his brass knuckles from his pocket while Father Joe causes the distraction.

He moves quietly out of vision, making a course to sneak up behind the negro. His fist clenches around the cold brass and he smiles.

"Can't get away with threatnin' a lady now," he whispers.

If Hamish makes it there in time he'll attack the cultist while he's exchanging hostages (if he does). Otherwise he'll swing the brass knuckles right into the shoulder of the cultist's machete arm in order to disable it.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The cultist glances at Thomas and spits at him. "You will be singin a different tune as your skin is flayed from your body. "

His attention is then turned to Father Joe. Evelyn can see a sly grin on the man's frantic face as the priest backs up towards you. Hamish tries to circle around behind as the man looks at Father Joe.

"Come on then Priest. I will take ya!" As Father Joe comes with in arms length. The cultists hand loosens around Evelyn's neck and the machete is moved away from her neck. Then in a split second Evelyn's relief turns to panic as the man raises the machete to strike the priest from behind. "DIE!!" cries the cultist.

As soon as Joe hears the cultist yell, he drops to the ground, trying to roll out of the way and hoping to avoid being hit by any attack launched by the man.

If he doesn't get hit or survives getting hit, Joe will immediately try to get up and subdue the man either by grappling with him or using his boxing skills to punch him.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Evelyn grits her teeth together and fires her derringer twice behind her through her purse point blank into the cultist's chest the moment she sees him taking that machete away from her neck. Her ears ring with the shots and she can only hope that she can get away in time...or kill the bastard.

OOC: basically she had stuck the purse under her armpit with her hand on the gun, pressed the tip to the cultist chest and fired into the guy since he's directly behind her

Yellow Sign

Explorer
As the madman begins to swing his machete at Father Joe, a couple of muffled shots are heard and the man staggers back from Evelyn. She sees a shocked look on his face as he pulls a bloodly hand away from his chest. He raises is machete to strike at Evelyn but a dark blur crashes into him and he falls to the ground. The sound of his head hitting the street echos with a sickening thud. Hamish stands up after hitting the man and sees that he is no longer a threat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads