• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep: Chapter 2 (London)

Gomez

First Post
The next morning after an English breakfast of eggs, kippers, and sausages, the group takes a taxi over to the offices of The Scoop magazine. Before you go, one of you picks up a copy of The Scoop from a street side magazine stand. Reading it you find The Scoop to be a weekly tabloid that has stories of gory murders, sex scandals, and weird happenings. You arrive at a shabby four story building on Fleet Street, not far from Ludgate Circus. It is on the third floor. Inside you find a cluttered office with a short red haired man with a cigar in him mouth setting type on a printing press.

He looks up as you enter. "Now if this is about that story about the bird up in Cornwall, you can talk to my Banister about it. How could I have known that she was only sixteen."

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
"No, I can't say that we are. We are here trying to contact a Mr. Mahoney. I don't suppose you know where we could finid him do you?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Waiting for the man's response, Jibril's eyes dart around the office, taking in the headlines, trying to ge a feel for how much of this magazine is rooted in factual events and how much is just made up trash.

Gomez

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Waiting for the man's response, Jibril's eyes dart around the office, taking in the headlines, trying to ge a feel for how much of this magazine is rooted in factual events and how much is just made up trash.

Jibril thinks that the magazine's articles are based in fact but with a lot of added "trash" to make them more interesting and sensational.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Hello Mr. Mahoney. We are friends of a man you may have been in contact with some time ago - Mr. Jackson Elias. We were hoping to speak to you about him if you had a few moment.

Gomez

First Post
"Your Americans?" says Mahoney. "I heard about Jackson's murder. Sad business it is. He was in London about two weeks ago. I talked to him several times while he was here." he stops to think for a second. "Why do you want to know about Jackson if you don't mind me asking."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"He was a friend of ours," William says, breaking his long silence, his accent made noticable. "I can't speak for these others, but I myself am an author, and Mr. Elias' advice was invaluable to my researches." He looks around the place. "As a matter of fact, sir, your paper contains some of the sort of information I pursue - all these ghosts and frogs falling out of the air and whatnot."

Remove ads