• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mass Effect?

Treebore

First Post
You guys can't open that PDF I posted/linked last? Its a SW Mass Effect conversion, about 36 pages long. Looks to be pretty nicely done.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, it is well done, but I'd personally rather go with Savage Worlds than SWSE. And while conversions are useful, I was just debating the merits of an actual ME RPG.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I have to agree with Agamon, ME does deserve its own system. Ive not played Savage worlds so I wont do with that. Personally Id envision a HP/Vitality/Energy sytem. Biotic use would come from the energy pool. Vitality could be used to influence Energy or it could be used to pull off a combat manuever. Finally HP would operate as HP normally would

Having said that, we are nearly at ME 3 time. IF a ME rpg was going to come out, it would of by now.

I was of the same view with Fallout. Despite the existence of Chris Av's fallout bible and that pseudo Fallout rpg system (which was denied the title), I always thought that it would make for a great rpg. I think at this point again, thats unlikely.

In a sad way I think that with the rpg market in somewhat of a self induced contraction, Publishers are less likely to take a gamble on such settings when the core want the fantasy.

Thanks for the link to the pdf though. It was a good read.

Bagpuss

Legend
Yeah, it is well done, but I'd personally rather go with Savage Worlds than SWSE. And while conversions are useful, I was just debating the merits of an actual ME RPG.

I think it's a good idea. For a Sci-fi setting for a RPG it works better than say something like Battlestar Galactica. As it has fantasy elements like Biotics, and several races that a majority of players seem to want in their sci-fi. That also stops players feeling too similar which is a complaint I get whenever I try an run any games in a all human setting. :(

It's a very rich and detailed setting with plenty of areas off the main campaign line to explore (much like Star Wars) although players that know the CRPG might feel disappointed they aren't part of the Reaper storyline (kind of like Star Wars).

A

amerigoV

It's a very rich and detailed setting with plenty of areas off the main campaign line to explore (much like Star Wars) although players that know the CRPG might feel disappointed they aren't part of the Reaper storyline (kind of like Star Wars).

Hee - that is easy:

Sesson 1: PCs eaten by Reaper. "GM - do you still want to be part of the Reaper storyline?"
Session 2: More manageable plotline...

I have pulled a few of the Savage Worlds conversion. I would love to play in that setting, but few of my gaming group plays video games :hmm:

Agamon

Adventurer

After ME3, BioWare is going to continue to make games in the ME universe that aren't Sheppard vs the Reapers, so that would help.

Agamon

Adventurer
Hee - that is easy:

Sesson 1: PCs eaten by Reaper. "GM - do you still want to be part of the Reaper storyline?"
Session 2: More manageable plotline...

The player might call you on the fact that Reapers don't eat. :p

I have pulled a few of the Savage Worlds conversion. I would love to play in that setting, but few of my gaming group plays video games :hmm:

Just call it Generic SciFi game, and see if the guys that play video games recognize it...

Sadrik

First Post
Remember the scale of the galaxy. There are billions of stars. The relays skip over a few million stars to get to the next relay. Whole stellar empires could be nestled between the relays without anyone knowing the better... perhaps even the Reapers.

They know about us... but we don't know about them... The ancient enemy that even the Reapers did not know about could still exist.

To take it to an even more extreme scale. Perhaps a new relay comes on line that goes to a whole new galaxy... There are in fact billions of galaxies and each has billions of stars.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads