Massive $750 10-Book "The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition" From Cubicle 7

Cubicle 7 has just announced a WFRP 4th edition collectors' edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay classic campaign The Enemy Within. It comes in 10 books, contained in 5 slip slipcases, and will be an enormous $749.95!

Cubicle 7 has just announced a WFRP 4th edition collectors' edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay classic campaign The Enemy Within. It comes in 10 books, contained in 5 slip slipcases, and will be an enormous $749.95!

Image-1-5-Cases-2-768x721.jpg

"The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition contains the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. It also includes five bonus Companion volumes filled with commentaries, additional material, new subplots and characters, and so much more.
Originally printed over 30 years ago, the Enemy Within campaign is the sequence of WFRP adventures that inspired an entire generation of gamers. It frequently tops polls of the best campaigns ever written, and is widely regarded as one of the most influential roleplaying modules ever written.

We are bringing this classic adventure up-to-date for WFRP 4th edition. To do this, one of the original authors, WFRP legend Graeme Davis, is creating a Director’s Cut of the entire campaign, adding three decades of playtesting and commentary to the existing adventure. He is also revisiting the last two adventures of the campaign, and rewriting them to match his original intentions for how the campaign should conclude.

This super limited, very special edition of the Enemy Within bundles together the five campaign books alongside the five new companion books into an almighty 10-volume Collector’s Edition. This extraordinary set is presented in 5 high-quality slipcases printed with the standard edition cover art. Each of the books has a special ‘Tarot Card’ cover designed solely for the Collector’s Edition by WFRP artists Sam Manley and Andy Law."

The full set is a whopping $749.95 and is available for pre-order now.

Lots more info here!

D

dco

Baffled more than bothered. You’re complaining about people being given the option to buy a limited edition of a product. I cannot comprehend why you would have an issue with it.
I didn't complain about that, I've complained about the lack of value, at this point my only issue is with people who get triggered when they don't like an opinion and tergiverse it or the ones that simply have reading comprehension problems.

macd21

Adventurer
I didn't complain about that, I've complained about the lack of value, at this point my only issue is with people who get triggered when they don't like an opinion and tergiverse it or the ones that simply have reading comprehension problems.

Perhaps you need to work on your own reading comprehension a bit more? You complained that C7 were scamming their customers because they were releasing an old adventure for $750. This is, as anyone who actually read the announcement should know, not true. They are releasing a revamped an improved version of the old adventure campaign, along with additional supplements. They are also releasing a limited edition version of same, which will go for much more. It's not a scam, and if you want value for money you go for the cheaper option.

Or in other words, you were wrong.

D

dco

Perhaps you need to work on your own reading comprehension a bit more? You complained that C7 were scamming their customers because they were releasing an old adventure for $750. This is, as anyone who actually read the announcement should know, not true. They are releasing a revamped an improved version of the old adventure campaign, along with additional supplements. They are also releasing a limited edition version of same, which will go for much more. It's not a scam, and if you want value for money you go for the cheaper option.

Or in other words, you were wrong.
What a scam was hyperbole, it means an obvious exaggeration and I think deserved, if it wasn't obvious I've already explained what I mean when people told me it is a product for other people (which is obvious), posts that you've already read.
And my opinion is not wrong, it doesn't need to be corrected, this is not about being correct or wrong, you can agree or disagree, that's all.

CapnZapp

Legend
dco said:
What a scam was hyperbole, it means an obvious exaggeration and I think deserved, if it wasn't obvious I've already explained what I mean when people told me it is a product for other people (which is obvious), posts that you've already read.
And my opinion is not wrong, it doesn't need to be corrected, this is not about being correct or wrong, you can agree or disagree, that's all.
No calling it a scam is slanderous and false and you were called out on it.

beholdsa

Explorer
I would argue caution. Once you scratch the surface you might find the rules very cluttery if not outright broken. 4E is at any rate much MUCH more crunchy than any preceding edition.

I would definitely recommend try-before-buy.

I've seen this sentiment online, but after playing a few sessions of 4e I disagree. I feel like 4e is largely a cleaned up version of 2e with most of 2e's problems (like the whiff factor) fixed. The new advantage mechanic might be slightly more crunchy, but I also think it's to the game's benefit, as it's been a lot of fun for players in combat.

D

dco

No calling it a scam is slanderous and false and you were called out on it.
If there was a misunderstanding it's already explained in the post you quoted, no need to beat a dead horse, which is also a figurative expression, don't take it literally. Like it or not languages are rich, different places and people have different ways of speaking, languages, expressions, etc, perhaps it was not appropriate and I should have used another word... however is not up to you to decide, feel free to report the post. What you've quoted is an answer to someone who is telling things I haven't said and talking about my possible feelings, so he is wrong. If you are curious I only had a loud laugh that surprised people around me when I saw the news and posted what I thought, this is all the attention I've payed to this game since I dismissed it from my mind after reading the rulebook, so I'm not bothered and had some funny moments. I don't care if they sell and people pay 750$ or 10^100 for that campaign, is not my money, this doesn't mean I can not have a negative opinion about the product or viceversa like some people want to imply here... and if you don't like negative opinions...it's not my problem. Hope it's all clear as this is my last post in this forum.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads