Master Game List

Looks like we're full up on afternoon games, and have room for one more in the morning. One of the afternoon games is a three-player one, though, so if anyone still wants to run something in the afternoon, we can probably squeeze it in.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Looks like we're full up on afternoon games, and have room for one more in the morning. One of the afternoon games is a three-player one, though, so if anyone still wants to run something in the afternoon, we can probably squeeze it in.
I know someone who is planning on announcing a morning game for a HEX session, THE THULE DEATH RAY (GenCon demo, modified and souped-up since August). I don't think she's had time to get on here yet to announce -- should I put in an "placeholder" for her?

--tom

Thule Death Ray (morning game)

madwabbit said:
I know someone who is planning on announcing a morning game for a HEX session, THE THULE DEATH RAY (GenCon demo, modified and souped-up since August). I don't think she's had time to get on here yet to announce -- should I put in an "placeholder" for her?

--tom

Thanks, Madwabbit! I'm the person who's new to EN World and would love to run the Thule Death Ray module from the Hollow Earth Expedition (HEX) game system. I'm getting the "official" game description from the author now and could announce the module and start signing up players this evening.

What more do I need to do to get things moving?

Kate

madwabbit

First Post
Rabbit in the Moon said:
Thanks, Madwabbit! I'm the person who's new to EN World and would love to run the Thule Death Ray module from the Hollow Earth Expedition (HEX) game system. I'm getting the "official" game description from the author now and could announce the module and start signing up players this evening.

What more do I need to do to get things moving?

Kate
Kate, start a "new thread" in this forum, in the following format:

Category: Morning (9:30a - 2p)
Subject line: (Hollow Earth Expedition) - THE THULE DEATH RAY! [Shawn always uses caps for this, you should too! :D]

Text describing session/adventure (probably obtained from Shawn? If not, I have the description someplace from GenCon) -- beef it up with your own stuff and modifications as needed.

Add slots to the message for people's names to be listed, in the following format:

Alt 1:
Alt 2:

Maybe you want to run with 7? Your call. Make sure you mark slots [RESERVED] for folks who you're bringing with you to play.

As people respond to your message, you can go back into the message and fill their names in the slot.

This is all much clearer by looking at the other events listed rather than paying attention to my destructions. :D

--tom

The_Universe

First Post
madwabbit said:
Kate, start a "new thread" in this forum, in the following format:

Category: Morning (9:30a - 2p)
Subject line: (Hollow Earth Expedition) - THE THULE DEATH RAY! [Shawn always uses caps for this, you should too! :D]

Text describing session/adventure (probably obtained from Shawn? If not, I have the description someplace from GenCon) -- beef it up with your own stuff and modifications as needed.

Add slots to the message for people's names to be listed, in the following format:

Alt 1:
Alt 2:

Maybe you want to run with 7? Your call. Make sure you mark slots [RESERVED] for folks who you're bringing with you to play.

As people respond to your message, you can go back into the message and fill their names in the slot.

This is all much clearer by looking at the other events listed rather than paying attention to my destructions. :D

--tom
I couldn't have said it better myself, madwabbit. :)

madwabbit

First Post
The_Universe said:
I couldn't have said it better myself, madwabbit. :)

~doffs hat and bows~ I learned from the best, good sir! ;)

Although I believe I should have said "for folks WHOM you're bringing with you to play"... :D

--tom

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hmmm, as far as I can tell, there seem to be popular games in each time slot that are full, and then every other game has 0 or 1 sign-up, the exception to that rule being Spirit of the Century. The number of empty games makes it clear that I shouldn't try to run a game if I come, but the way it is distributed makes it quite tricky to sign up as well. I suppose if the GMs of the low-sign-up games agreed to collude and all cancel those games except one and then all play in the one game that wasn't cancelled, it would work though.

madwabbit

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Hmmm, as far as I can tell, there seem to be popular games in each time slot that are full, and then every other game has 0 or 1 sign-up, the exception to that rule being Spirit of the Century. The number of empty games makes it clear that I shouldn't try to run a game if I come, but the way it is distributed makes it quite tricky to sign up as well. I suppose if the GMs of the low-sign-up games agreed to collude and all cancel those games except one and then all play in the one game that wasn't cancelled, it would work though.
Definitely some stuff to ponder here... the good thing is that we've got six weeks for folks to register and/or GMs to decide that they might want to pull a session in favor of another if they don't book enough people (in their estimation) to successfully run the event.

Perhaps, then, we should start another thread about ALTERNATE sessions that some folks might be interested in running, just in case. Tricky perhaps, but again, six weeks to go... plenty of time.

--tom

Rystil Arden

First Post
madwabbit said:
Definitely some stuff to ponder here... the good thing is that we've got six weeks for folks to register and/or GMs to decide that they might want to pull a session in favor of another if they don't book enough people (in their estimation) to successfully run the event.

Perhaps, then, we should start another thread about ALTERNATE sessions that some folks might be interested in running, just in case. Tricky perhaps, but again, six weeks to go... plenty of time.

--tom
On the other hand, I just found out that there's a tentative tournament (non-RPG extra curricular) on this weekend back in Boston, so I'm torn because there may not be space for me in a game that has enough PCs to run (nor enough players for me to run a game of my own), and I'd like to make a firm decision and book flights while they are still cheap (they quickly rise from about $30 one-way to over $100 after sales end and the date gets close). I also feel like I should give the actual people who signed up way in advance to run games first dibs if they want to try my suggested 'collapse into one game' strategy--I'd feel bad if I wound up taking the spot of someone who held out to GM and then wound up with nothing, you know?

Remove ads