Master Game List

I'm not sure there is a good solution for the chicken/egg issue. One option I considered earlier was allowing as many DMs to post games as were interested, and the first 6 to fill up would get a slot. But that seems needlessly competitive and wasteful of the potential DMs time.

The thing that worries me most a GM with a confirmed slot bailingif they don't see a lot of people sign up for their game. Especially if they don't leave enough time for something else to come along for those people to sign up for.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I'm not sure there is a good solution for the chicken/egg issue. One option I considered earlier was allowing as many DMs to post games as were interested, and the first 6 to fill up would get a slot. But that seems needlessly competitive and wasteful of the potential DMs time.

The thing that worries me most a GM with a confirmed slot bailingif they don't see a lot of people sign up for their game. Especially if they don't leave enough time for something else to come along for those people to sign up for.
Indeed, you may well be right. I'm getting the sense though, and I may be wrong, that while there are definitely at least enough would-be GMs to run six games per slot, there might simply not be enough players to give those games homes. It's interesting to me because this looks like a classical clustering situation in AI where you have certain clusters that are very popular, rather than a more uniform distribution amongst all clusters (in other words, the popular games are incredibly popular and fill up almost immediately, leaving everything else sort of spread out and isolated).

The_Universe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Indeed, you may well be right. I'm getting the sense though, and I may be wrong, that while there are definitely at least enough would-be GMs to run six games per slot, there might simply not be enough players to give those games homes. It's interesting to me because this looks like a classical clustering situation in AI where you have certain clusters that are very popular, rather than a more uniform distribution amongst all clusters (in other words, the popular games are incredibly popular and fill up almost immediately, leaving everything else sort of spread out and isolated).
There's still a lot of time for players to sign up for games...most people don't even open up for GM sign-up until...well...about now. We started this process way early, which was not exactly my intention. But, you live and learn!

In any case, if you're still thinking about running something, I'd say go ahead and bring the stuff. Sign up to play, so that you have something to do if some of these don't games collapse. However, if they do, you'll be ready to save the day!

The_Universe said:
In any case, if you're still thinking about running something, I'd say go ahead and bring the stuff. Sign up to play, so that you have something to do if some of these don't games collapse. However, if they do, you'll be ready to save the day!

Regardless of the number of people who signup, I'll be there to GM. I suspect that some people will wander over. I can always run 1-hour demos (based on the adventure I'm bringing) of the game system for people who are looking for a break. Or maybe I can catch the overflow. :)

Cassander

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Looks like we're full up on afternoon games, and have room for one more in the morning. One of the afternoon games is a three-player one, though, so if anyone still wants to run something in the afternoon, we can probably squeeze it in.

Should we take down the afternoon full notice at the top of this thread so that someone can run another afternoon game? Currently, there are only 8 slots left in the remaining games: 3 for Dr Shang, 1 for Shock, and 4 for mine.

madwabbit

First Post
Hey Rodrigo, how come the "Dread" game isn't coming in the General Discussion list of threads? Your link above still works to get there, and it's listed in the Master List up top, but the thread itself seems to be missing (even though it isn't).

madwabbit said:
Hey Rodrigo, how come the "Dread" game isn't coming in the General Discussion list of threads? Your link above still works to get there, and it's listed in the Master List up top, but the thread itself seems to be missing (even though it isn't).

By default, the forum only shows threads updated in the last 30 days, and the 'Dread' thread hasn't been updated since 8/30/07.

Remove ads