• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Math of Blade Cascade

DemonLord57

First Post
essenbee said:
20 is not always a hit, it is just a critical if you do hit.

No, a 20 is always a hit, just not always a crit. If you would've missed even with the 20, then it's just an automatic hit, not a critical. If that ever happens, though, you're probably completely screwed in the encounter... or trying to hit a minion with incredibly good defenses (high level)

edit: holy crap, ninja'ed twice in very quick succesion

Last edited:

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Here's the thread over on the Gleemax CharOp boards: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1040811

Four rerolls, all presumably used to keep Blade Cascade going.

It requires a pretty specific combination of multiclassing to get to this point. But there's another build out there that uses ranger/fighter, Armor Splinter to increase hit chance, Blade Cascade, and the Kensei PP to open up more rerolls.

Craith

First Post
It is the LOG with a Base of 0,5 (= 50% to get that many hits) of the Chance to hit (e.g. .95 if you only miss on a 1 : 1-(highestMiss/20)). a single reroll doubles the time you can keep this up, every reroll (on average) adds the same time to this.

It has been a while, but I think this formula should be correct - something I'm not so sure of my English :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads