• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle OOC (Full)

Voadam

Legend
JimAde said:
Sounds like two holy rollers and a shady rogue-type. Guess I'll have to take the middle path. :)

"God does not roll dice" :)

Heinz, never mind on the spell less, it does not kick in until 6th level.

Insight

Adventurer
I have a new kick butt character concept, but I need to find out if the DM is going to allow me to use the UA LA buy down rules. It would be with a LA +1 race with no racial levels.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Krauss, I just had a smashing idea for a character, but I need to run it by you first. I want to take the feat Devout Faith and Vow of Silence from Malhavoc Press' Book of Hallowed Might. Would this be acceptable?

Essentially I wanted my character to have had a deep religious experience at a young age. She heard angels singing, which inspired her to be a priest. She believes if she is silent her whole life, she will be able to hear the angels again, if she is devout enough.

Isida, those feats would be fine. I like this concept a lot! Go ahead and run with it.

-Heinz

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Voadam said:
"God does not roll dice" :)

Heinz, never mind on the spell less, it does not kick in until 6th level.

Okey-doke. It would have been okay if you wanted to use it, though.

What you've got going so far looks good, Voadam (although I haven't checked your math yet).

Still, a good start.

-Heinz

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
I have a new kick butt character concept, but I need to find out if the DM is going to allow me to use the UA LA buy down rules. It would be with a LA +1 race with no racial levels.

Sure, go ahead! I don't mind using the LA buyback rules, but I won't allow any options that take you below 66,000 xp. Your other concepts have been very interesting, especially the doppel. Let's see what you've got cooking now!

-Heinz

Krauss von Espy

First Post
JimAde said:
Sounds like two holy rollers and a shady rogue-type. Guess I'll have to take the middle path. :)

Yes, indeedy. This is shaping up to be a rather unique party. Can't wait to see your draconic-tinged sorcerer, JimAde!

-Heinz

Insight

Adventurer
Krauss von Espy said:
Sure, go ahead! I don't mind using the LA buyback rules, but I won't allow any options that take you below 66,000 xp. Your other concepts have been very interesting, especially the doppel. Let's see what you've got cooking now!

-Heinz

OK here's the idea (this one also gives the group a bit of backstory).

A Tiefling Rogue who has always been the black sheep of the party. A while back, he was captured and held by the Scarlet Brotherhood. He returned to the party a few years later a completely changed man. While he still makes use of his skills at stealth and intrusion, he is equally proficient with deception and unarmed combat. And no one quite knows what he's thinking. All they can see is a strange ritual tattoo on his chest, a white mask...

Odd as he may seem, and not at all the same happy go lucky scoundrel who was captured all those years ago, he has a renewed sense of purpose, and can still be quite a useful member of the party when he wants to. Note that he has never done anything to harm anyone in the group, though his methods are sometimes ruthlessly efficient and occasionally self serving.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, here's the first draft of my character. :) Lemme know if there's any glaring (or not so glaring) errors.

Silence
Female Human Cleric of Pelor 6/ Radiance Servant of Pelor 6

Medium Humanoid
Alignment: Neutral Good
Patron Deity: Pelor
Region:
Height: 5' 10''
Weight: 153lbs
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Hazel

Str: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Dex: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Con: 13 (+1) [5 points]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 24 (+7) [13 points, +3 levels, +4 periapt]
Cha: 20 (+5) [10 points, +4 headband]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Extra feat at first level, 4 extra skill points at first level, 1 additional skill point at each level thereafter. Divine spells, aura of good, proficient in simple weapons, all armors and shields (but not tower shields), turn undead, Sun, Good, and Glory domains. Extra greater turning 8/day, radiance (radiance of illumination doubled, spell treated at one level higher), turn undead (12/day, as 14th level cleric, +9 total to the check, additional +1d6 damage), divine health (immune to all diseases, including magical ones), empower healing/maximize healing, aura of warding (Silence and all within 10 ft. gain +2 to Will saves), bonus domain (glory).

Hit Dice: 6d8+6d6+12
HP: 74
AC: 15 (-1 Dex, +5 armor, +1 ring) [touch 10, flat-footed 14]
Init: -1 (-1 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +15 [+10 base, +1 Con, +2 from cloak, +2 vow]
Reflex +7 [+4 base, -1 Dex, +2 from cloak, +2 vow]
Will +23 [+10 base, +7 Wis, +2 from cloak, +2 vow, +2 Radiant Servant]

BAB: +8/+3
Melee Atk: +8/+3 (1d8/x2/B, Headknocker, +1 radiant heavy mace)
Ranged Atk: +7/+2 (1d8/19-20/x2/80 ft./P, light crossbow)

Skills:
Concentration +16 [15 ranks, +1 Con]
Heal +24 [15 ranks, +7 Wis, +2 vow]
Knowledge (religion) +18 [15 ranks, +1 Int, +2 vow]
Perform (wind instruments) +14 [15cc ranks, +5 Cha, +2 MW instrument]

Feats:
Devout Faith (1st level) (BoHM)
Vow of Silence (human bonus 1st level) (BoHM)
Silent Spell (3rd level)
Extra Turning (6th level)
Still Spell (9th level)
Sacred Healing (12th level) (ComDiv)

Languages: Common, Celestial

Spells Prepared
Save DC +7
0th - create water, detect magic, detect poison x2, mending, read magic
1st - Silent detect magic x2, Silent light, Silent purify food and drink, Silent resistance x2. (D) – protection from evil
2nd - Silent bless x2, Silent cure light wounds x2, Silent protection from evil, Silent shield of faith. (D) - aid
3rd - Silent align weapon x3, Silent lesser restoration x2, Silent remove paralysis. (D) – searing light
4th - Silent blast of castigation (BoHM), Silent flame of faith (ComDiv), Silent prayer, Silent mass lesser vigor (ComDiv). (D) – holy smite
5th - Silent cure critical wounds x2, Silent neutralize poison, Silent recitation (ComDiv). (D) – flame strike
6th - Silent break enchantment, Silent Still freedom of movement, Silent mass cure light wounds. (D) – bolt of glory (ComDiv)

Equipment
Periapt of Wisdom +4 – 16,000gp
Headband of Charisma +4 – 16,000gp
Metamagic rod of Silence (regular) x2 – 22,000gp
Metamagic rod of Silent (lesser) x2 – 6,000gp
Warding Word (ring of protection +1, 2,000gp)
Tymora's Favor (cloak of resistance +2, 4,000gp)
Sun Striker, +1 radiant (AaEG) heavy mace – 18,312gp
Pelor’s Shield, +1 sacred chain shirt – 9,250gp
Light crossbow and 30 bolts – 38gp
Heward's Handy Haversack (2,000gp)
Belt pouch 1gp
Traveler’s outfit (free)
Silver holy symbol 25gp
Signal whistle – 8sp
MW recorder – 100gp
~Bedroll 5sp
~3 healer’s kits 150gp
~ Everburning torch 110gp
~ Waterskin 1gp
~ 50 ft. silk rope 10gp
~ Silver dagger 10gp
~ Paper (10 sheets) 4gp
~ Ink (two vials) 16gp
~ Inkpen 1gp
~ Trail rations (20 days worth) 10gp
~ Cleric’s vestments 5gp
~ Cold weather outfit 8gp
~Slate and 100 pieces of chalk 2gp
~6 carved wooden shingles with the following messages carved on them
”My name is Silence. I am a priestess of Pelor, a healer and foe of undead. I have taken a sacred vow not to speak.”

“I took my sacred vow because when I was young I heard angels singing. The echoes are in my head still, and if I speak I will lose them. I remain silent to show my reverence that they would sing to me.”

“If there is anyone here who is hurt or sick, let them come to me or direct me to them, for I will try to heal them.”

“Can you direct me to the closest Temple of Pelor?”

“Can you direct me to an inn?”

“Pardon me, what is the price for a room, food, and stabling?”

“My signal whistle. One blast to summon help, two for non-urgent assistance, three to run away.”

Money
54gp, 5sp

Appearance:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/a/l/alfred/angela.jpg.html
Silence is an older human woman, not quite middle age, but past the first blush of youth. Her light brown hair is long and worn loose most of the time. She wears cream-colored robes of a conservative cut, and a golden holy symbol of Pelor around her neck. She has a delicate build, but does not shy away from the armaments of battle when necessary.

Personality: Silence is a giving and caring individual, expressive in gesture and expression. She is very tolerant of the differences of others, reserving judgment until she has seen them in action, for actions speak far louder than words. She has been known to express her feelings through music when words fail her, using faint echoes of her angels’ song as a guide.

Background: When Silence was a little girl, she became lost in the wilderness far from her parent’s farm in late autumn. Wandering far as children are apt to do, she was unable to find her way home. For many days she wandered, her only companions the creatures of the forest. Miraculously she was not hurt by any predators, and the sun always shone down strongly upon her to keep her warm. On the fourth day, weak from hunger, she laid herself down upon a sun-warmed rock to rest. She awoke to the sound of glorious music, as divine as any she’d ever heard. She turned her face to the sun, and saw that beautiful angels were singing to her. She followed their voices, and soon found herself back on her family’s land.

Her parents were ecstatic with joy when she returned, but immediately noticed something strange. Their daughter would no longer talk. The village priest and healer could find nothing wrong with her that could account for that, and took it upon himself to teach her reading and writing so that she could explain. She wrote that she had heard the voices of angels, and their echoes rang in her head still. But if she spoke, she would lose the echoes, echoes she wanted to hear badly. The priest gladly took her under his wing when she wrote that she felt that if she served Pelor, one day would be able to hear the angels again.

She has spent the past twenty-four years serving Pelor as a Radiant Servant, and still feels she has much more to do to be prepared for the angelic choir. She has begun to seek out great evils to pit herself against, as well as spreading healing to all she can.

To combat the limitations of her vow, she has taken to carrying around a set of six thin, flat shingles, onto which she has carved some commonly asked questions and answers. She also carries a slate and chalk to cover anything not on her shingles.

Last edited:

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Thanks, Isida! I'll begin checking everything out on Silence's sheet shortly. I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Oh, and if any of the rest of you spot anything that needs attention, I'd appreciate the head's up. The more eyes the merrier! (Or....something).

-Heinz

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
OK here's the idea (this one also gives the group a bit of backstory).

A Tiefling Rogue who has always been the black sheep of the party. A while back, he was captured and held by the Scarlet Brotherhood. He returned to the party a few years later a completely changed man. While he still makes use of his skills at stealth and intrusion, he is equally proficient with deception and unarmed combat. And no one quite knows what he's thinking. All they can see is a strange ritual tattoo on his chest, a white mask...

Odd as he may seem, and not at all the same happy go lucky scoundrel who was captured all those years ago, he has a renewed sense of purpose, and can still be quite a useful member of the party when he wants to. Note that he has never done anything to harm anyone in the group, though his methods are sometimes ruthlessly efficient and occasionally self serving.

Sounds good, Insight!

-Heinz

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads