• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Silence reloads her crossbow and stands by the south door, ready for it to open.

What a strange place... ancient traps, powerful magic just sitting around, it is curious what could leave such things behind... she thinks.

Voadam

Legend
"This is better than my boots!" Vandon checks to see if he feels comfortable enough to fight from atop his new "paladin mount" and then reignites his mindblade "Ready."

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Tanus checks the door to the south for traps, and is satisfied of its safety. Listening at the door he hears nothing, so he turns the handle to see what lies beyond. [Search Check: 11+10=21, Listen Check: 17+12=29]

The adventurers emerge into another wide open hall (or perhaps it's merely another part of the same hall?). 35' to the south, the view to the rest of the hall is blocked by great draperies of black satin, suspended from 20-ft-tall wooden columns. From here, the party could explore to the east, to the west, or to the south (through the curtains).

Actions?

Attachments

• you are here.JPG
    you are here.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 65

Voadam

Legend
Much as I want to check out the east thoroughly, the curtains call out "check me out" and I'm not sure what that square is directly south.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Voadam said:
Much as I want to check out the east thoroughly, the curtains call out "check me out" and I'm not sure what that square is directly south.

OOC: That square is one of the big wooden columns which supports the curtain. I realize that the map doesn't quite show that clearly, due to the distance between column and curtain, but that's what it is, nonetheless.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Silence steps in carefully, checking to make sure both sides are clear before sliding cautiously over to the curtains. Well, to the side of the curtains. No reason to stand right in front of what might be something nasty.

JimAde

First Post
Martan strides across the open space looking about curiously. As he has the torch with him, stealth seems like a lost cause so he makes no effort toward it. He walks up next to the great wooden pillar and, using his wand, pushes the curtain aside a bit to peer in.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Insight said:
Tanus sneaks along the wall to the west, to try to get a gauge of the size of the room, and to note any features therein.

Tanus slinks to the west, jogging around the corner and along the wall. He doesn't have to go too far to see that the black curtain runs the entire width of the great hall (at least in this direction), with the large wooden columns spaced approximately every 30'. Tanus's darkvision reveals the western wall of the hall about 90' from the corner.

Attachments

• 061405.JPG
    061405.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 62

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Silence steps in carefully, checking to make sure both sides are clear before sliding cautiously over to the curtains. Well, to the side of the curtains. No reason to stand right in front of what might be something nasty.

JimAde said:
Martan strides across the open space looking about curiously. As he has the torch with him, stealth seems like a lost cause so he makes no effort toward it. He walks up next to the great wooden pillar and, using his wand, pushes the curtain aside a bit to peer in.

In the light of the Unseen Servant's torch, Martan and Silence see that the great hall continues to the south of the curtain, where the entire area is lit with a dim, purple glow. The ceiling south of the curtain is vaulted, extending some 60' upward.

Directly ahead are two 50-ft-high, 5-ft-diameter ivory pillars, sculpted to look like figures. The western-most resembles a nobleman in robes, looking straight ahead to the south. The eastern-most resembles a scowling warrior, looking directly north.

Attachments

• 061405B.JPG
    061405B.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads