• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle - The Adventure Begins!

JimAde

First Post
Martan nods and makes a quick pass with his hand while muttering an incantation.

[OOC: Detect Magic, of course. At the rate I'm burning through these, I'm going to have to start using 1st-level slots pretty soon. Should have gotten a wand or something. :)]

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Silence gestures across her eyes, pleading for magical auras to be revealed to her...

OOC - Silent detect magic please.

JimAde said:
Martan nods and makes a quick pass with his hand while muttering an incantation.

[OOC: Detect Magic...]

Silence and Martan both sense a strong illusion aura that permeates this entire area.

Voadam said:
Paintings came to life, so why not statues. Vandon is ready, atop his paladin rug mount.

The carved pillars remain still.

Voadam

Legend
Krauss von Espy said:
The carved pillars remain still.

Such tricks cannot fool the paladin. Sir Vandon remains vigilant, either for the statues to spring to life or a hidden beastie hiding behind the curtains to leap to the attack.

JimAde

First Post
Martan furrows his brow. "All is not as it appears," he says unhelpfully. He tries to pierce the veils that seem to be cast before them.

"I have some scrolls that might tear down the illusion, but I don't know if I should use them yet."

[OOC: I don't know if you can do this, but I want to "disbelieve" in general (and try to get another save). Obviously there is some kind of illusion in place, but I don't know what parts are real (if any) and what aren't.

If that doesn't work it might be time for the Greater Dispel Magic scroll.]

Krauss von Espy

First Post
JimAde said:
Martan furrows his brow. "All is not as it appears," he says unhelpfully. He tries to pierce the veils that seem to be cast before them.

"I have some scrolls that might tear down the illusion, but I don't know if I should use them yet."

[OOC: I don't know if you can do this, but I want to "disbelieve" in general (and try to get another save). Obviously there is some kind of illusion in place, but I don't know what parts are real (if any) and what aren't.

If that doesn't work it might be time for the Greater Dispel Magic scroll.]

Martan studies the hall and carved pillars ahead, but nothing new is revealed.

(OOC: Voadam's comment in the OOC thread is correct, btw. As of right now, there is nothing happening to require a save of any kind).

What will you all do next?

JimAde

First Post
Not liking the look of the scowling warrior, Martan moves toward the back of the giant nobleman. He strolls around its far side, regarding the workmanship of the statue.

[OOC: Move Southwest toward that stature and around its western side to see its front. Also looking around and moving slowly and cautiously]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads