• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Max Dex Armor?

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Check out the drow spider silk armor in the recent drow issue of Dragon. (cant recall exactly what issue number, but I'm sure soemone on the boards could tell you). It has a +3 armor bonus and a very high max dex, in addition it only has a 5% arcane failure. Really ggod stuff from high dex fighters, rogues and fighter/mages.

My drow NPCs make extensive use of it.

Dirge

Particle_Man

Explorer
Is there such a thing as Mithril Celestial Armour? If so, that would give a +10.

Is there such a thing as a Celestial Chain Shirt (like, have that Celestial Armour adjusted)? That would seem to give a +10.

Put them together and you would have +12, I guess.

Just daydreaming...

mooby

First Post
I think celestial armor's bonuses take into account the material needed to create it already.

But I don't think a celestial chain shirt is a stretch.

Zad

First Post
I have a high dex character and I've gone through looking for the same thing. Basically, the answer is "no, you can't really wear armor". Go with bracers of armor.

There's the armor of the celestial batallion in the epic level handbook, which is really nice armor but out of the reach of almost everyone. I'd wear it if I had it, but I'm not going out to mug a solar to get it. ;)

I've analyzed various combinations of armor, special materials, enhancements, and so on. Unless you go with some kind of non-standard enchantment that lets you raise the max dex on the armor (something WotC has so specifically avoided that I must assume it's by design) you are better off just going with bracers of armor. As a side benefit, they're reasonably common items in most campaigns so you can find bad guys wearing them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads