• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Max Dex Armor?

Benben

First Post
That would probably be why Grog attached the smiley to the end of the sentence...

If your dex is that high I would suggest investing in bracers of armor.

Arc

First Post
Yep. Mithril chain shirts can get rid of the armor check penalty, but if you wear armor, you're going to have a maximum dexterity bonus. Bracers of armor are a good investment, or if that slot is filled, and you have a level of an arcane spellcasting class, pick up some robes of the magi. There are plenty of good places to get AC, don't think that armor is the only one.

LokiDR

First Post
If you have +10 to dex you have at least 30. At that point, magic must be more common than simple armor.

On the other hand, I think there might be an armor enhancement (perhaps Book of Eldrich Might III) that elimates or increase the max dex for armor.

bret

First Post
LokiDR said:

On the other hand, I think there might be an armor enhancement (perhaps Book of Eldrich Might III) that elimates or increase the max dex for armor.

I think it is in Magic of Faerun, the enchantment is called Nimbleness or something like that.

The best answers are still either Bracers of Armor, Bucklers, and/or convincing the GM to allow clothes to be enchanted for an Armor bonus like the Magical Vestments spell gives. The clothes start at +0 armor bonus and you can enchant them from there.

LokiDR

First Post
bret said:
The best answers are still either Bracers of Armor, Bucklers, and/or convincing the GM to allow clothes to be enchanted for an Armor bonus like the Magical Vestments spell gives. The clothes start at +0 armor bonus and you can enchant them from there.

Quintisential Fighter lists a silk shirt as a +0 armor with no armor check, ASF, or max dex. I think this is a bad idea and should be avoided.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Celestrial Armor gives you a max dex of +8, add +2 on top of that from the nimbleness enchantment from Magic of Faerûn, and you're at the desired +10 max dex bonus.

So that an AC of 28 (base 10 + dex 10 + armor 8) for only 27400.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads