May previews

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Warlord at-wills, sample traps, and and orcs excerpt.

Also the preview schedule:
* Mon 05/12: Epic Destinies (PH), Giants (MM)
* Wed 05/14: Economy (DMG), Archons (MM)
* Fri 05/16: Magic Items (DMG), Quests (DMG)

* Mon 05/19: Minions (MM)
* Wed 05/21: Undead (MM)
* Fri 05/23: Magic Weapons (PH), Swarms (MM)

* Mon 05/26: Fallcrest (DMG)
* Wed 05/28: Rituals (PH)
* Fri 05/30: Humans as Monsters (MM)
* Mon 06/02: Alignment (PH)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
OOO, I like how there are ways put in the Trap Stat-box to upgrade Traps, that is very nice.

While not as much info as I wanted to see, I am sure we can gleam a lot of stuff out of this. *Goes back to reading*

Hawke

Explorer
Ooooh, lots of tid bits to get my mind working. I love the trap format, I can't wait to use some of these lovely things on my players. Can they just go ahead and make all the previews available now?

Better yet... get me a copy of the books? Even just the PHB would be good enough for now, thanks...

Mort_Q

First Post
LOL

About the Author

Bart Carroll is loathsome beyond description and has no redeeming features. His body resembles that of a huge, bloated buffalo and gives off an offensive odor. The author's neck is long and thin, and perched atop it is a big head uglier than that of a warthog. His legs are thick and stumpy, much like a hippopotamus. The author's tail is strong and snakey, however, and moves with amazing swiftness to strike enemies.

hong

WotC's bitch
preview_h1_2th.jpg

I read that as "Cadbury Downs".

LordArchaon

Explorer
Loved everything. Warlord powers are just simple 1st level so nothing fancy, but we can't say the same for traps and orcs... Wow. I'm a little surprised that there are no real "orc shamans", but I guess the Eye of Gruumsh is good enough to fit the niche.
And guys, it's pretty clear that basic racial power of orcs (as PCs too, for sure) is regaining HPs, when hitting an enemy, and it will be usable once per encounter, only when bloodied.
I guess it needs some good fluffy description, but right for that reason it's inspiring.

EDIT: It's now clear that they color-coded EVERYTHING, traps got dark red, monsters got dark green, at-will powers light green, and so on. Cool

Last edited:

malraux

First Post
I like the traps. Though they still seem somewhat flat. Instead of rolling disable device, its thievery. But since that's a skill challenge, perhaps the skill challenge chapter will talk a bit more about how to use other skills (for the gem trap, an athletics check to pry some of the prongs holding the gem for example).

Remove ads