• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

May Rules Update

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I have seen several people say that with T&S you can just move and nothing else. I dont get that from the reading of the power. The way its written you must move and attack. If they had worded it differently I could see what others are saying but by use of the word AND it makes it a requirement of the effect.

Obryn

Hero
Second of all: Nothing in the May errata about the Battlemind, so it looks like DracoSuave gets to keep his Avatar! :devil:
There wasn't anything on PHB3 this time around apart from Wormhole Plunge. I still think there will be an update to Blurred Step in the July updates, along with a few powers which technically don't work at all yet.

But seriously - you think I picked this avatar and title on purpose?! :eek:

-O

DracoSuave

First Post
I have seen several people say that with T&S you can just move and nothing else. I dont get that from the reading of the power. The way its written you must move and attack. If they had worded it differently I could see what others are saying but by use of the word AND it makes it a requirement of the effect.

Attacks other than the primary in any power are voluntary by the user of that power. Movement is also voluntary. These are both by default.

sev

First Post
Yes I agree, what we need it someone to make all the errata changes to their books, paste in colour prints of the new versions, and then publish them on 4-shared regularly so we can have the updated books at our fingertips.

and repaginate the whole book each time errata comes out -- much of it is longer than what it replaces.

I used to print out the errata and tape it into the book over the old stuff. I don't do that anymore, because often shrinking it down so it fits in the space the old text was makes it too small to read.

firesnakearies

Explorer
Yeah, one thing about clerics that kills them at high levels imo is there complete lack of ranged options past 5 squares.

At least fighters can chuck a javelin a long distance, but clerics get nothing.

Ah, but now there's this little bit of sexiness:

Silvery Arrow Cleric Attack 1
Your arrow bites deep into your opponent. The next time the
enemy is hit, the arrow shatters into a shower of light.

At-Will * Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a bow.
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Wisdom modifier damage, and the next ally to hit
the target before the end of your next turn deals extra radiant
damage equal to your Charisma modifier.

Check out the Channel Divinity: Sehanine article from Dragon 386.

I know that that is true when movement etc appears in the actual attack line. But am not sure if it is true when it is an effect of a power.

The problem is, in what fashion would this be involuntary? Its just hard to understand how it would work. Am I forced to move within melee attack range of the target? The problem with this is what target IS that? I don't have to choose a target for the Effect until AFTER I make the thrown weapon attack.

Beyond that the exact wording of the effect is "you move up to your speed and make a melee basic attack against a creature other than the target." That sounds to me like I move up to my speed, then I can make an MBA (but not against the original T&S target). When I MAKE the MBA I do need to pick a target for it, but as with any power if I have no valid targets then the MBA simply fails. So I think by RAW T&S can't really FORCE the user to do anything.

Now, you may as a DM decide to force T&S users to move up to and attack an enemy, but I don't think its obligatory by RAW.

Skallgrim

First Post
The change of Solar Wrath from burst 8; 3d8+wis damage to burst 3; 2d6+wis is pretty major.

Thats going to have an impact on the exploding cleric in my game!
My game too, but since I'm the DM, and that cleric was outdoing the blaster wizard in damage output, at least two peopl are happy about it (me, and the wizard player, of course)!

Klaus

First Post
Ah, but now there's this little bit of sexiness:

Silvery Arrow Cleric Attack 1
Your arrow bites deep into your opponent. The next time the
enemy is hit, the arrow shatters into a shower of light.

At-Will * Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a bow.
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Wisdom modifier damage, and the next ally to hit
the target before the end of your next turn deals extra radiant
damage equal to your Charisma modifier.

Check out the Channel Divinity: Sehanine article from Dragon 386.
Yeah, and I wrote that precisely to give clerics some ranged capability!

Remove ads