May Rules Update

I made a goliath ranger who used a farbond spellblade greatsword, plate mail, an amulet that prevented OAs from charge movement, and a horned helm (plus a couple of other things). That character established nicely that the nerf on throw and stab was needed.
I just think a two target requirement is a bit too much... I just don´t like them in general as they stress my suspension of disbelief a bit...

If it was move your speed and fling a weapon durng the movement i would be more ok, or if it is a real two target power, why not just have the first attack a ranged basic attack (with attribute bonus). This way you could even have a dex ranger with melee training make good use of this power.

also if you read carefully you need a throwing weapon and a melee weapon now. This is preventing a misuse of a farbond fullblade which i really approve.

But: as you can now throw and move anywhere you like, you can use it, as pointed out by others, in a different, very interesting way: move and run...

Stalker0

Legend
The change of Solar Wrath from burst 8; 3d8+wis damage to burst 3; 2d6+wis is pretty major.

Thats going to have an impact on the exploding cleric in my game!

Yeah, one thing about clerics that kills them at high levels imo is there complete lack of ranged options past 5 squares.

At least fighters can chuck a javelin a long distance, but clerics get nothing.

mneme

Explorer
Well, not complete, but they've not got a lot. Some summons, Flame Strike, Crown of Light...at very high levels, Astral Storm, Sunburst, Healing Torch

Yeah, one thing about clerics that kills them at high levels imo is there complete lack of ranged options past 5 squares.

At least fighters can chuck a javelin a long distance, but clerics get nothing.
A strength cleric can also throw a Javelin. ;) Also there is a nice little thing called multiclassing. You can also distribute your attributes in a way that you have a ranged option.

Everything needs a weakness. In the clerics case it is average range. (Like in all editions before)

DracoSuave

First Post
To be fair, the PHB is easily the most errata'd book, and even now it's still at least 80% compendium accurate. I keep my books up to date with a pencil, and it's not too difficult.

On the other hand, my copies of Divine and Primal Power have next to no edits at all.

I mean, really... it's not like we're talking about 3e Polymorph here."Oh, Dragon's out, I wonder what Polymorph does this month!"

And it's not like they've added 3 completely new action types yet.

Yeah, too difficult to make such a spell abusive proof.

This is the reason why spells in 4e are so narrow. Sadly. But we have rituals for something like polymorph now, which is nice.

circadianwolf

First Post
So, you can make an argument (probably technically incorrect, but pretty close, and pretty reasonable) that Healer's Lore applies to CLW.

The CharOp people had this thought, too, and a dev confirmed to them the same day the errata went out that this isn't the case (but obviously it wouldn't be harmful to pretend it is).

MarkB

Legend
My thought was it should be tied to the level of the person you are trying to aid. The more competent they are at a given task, the harder it becomes for you to offer them useful assistance.

Granted, in most cases of one PC aiding another PC, they will be the same level anyway, but it makes more sense to me this way.

I like this method - it makes more sense to me than the updated version.

And it can make quite a difference in games such as LFR, where there may be anything up to a 4-level spread between the PCs in a single game (though, of course, that's also where houserules like this can't be applied).

Remove ads