May Rules Update

Dausuul

Legend
yes, it definitively should be 10+1/2 the targets level... read it that way anyway ;)

That was my reaction, too. It's still highly abstracted but in the right ballpark. (Of course, 99% of the time it won't make a difference to players, since you'll be aiding another PC who's the same level as you.)

hvg3akaek

First Post
Actually the errata even more specifically says you can't charge past someone. Every single square of movement must put you closer to the target than the last.

If any square of movement keeps you as far away or moves you away, its illegal.

Nope, you can charge past. See attached.

You can also do other crazy things like zig-zag about the place...

Attachments

• charge past.PNG
    charge past.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 264

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Replace Arcane Initiate with Arcane Admixture (apply it to Sword Burst), then replace Enlarge Spell with Resounding Thunder. This requires Paragon, but it still gives you Close Burst 2 Sword Bursts.

Can you tell me how to get the Close Burst 3 Swordburst that I was going to get by combining Enlarge Spell with Resounding Thunder+Arcane Admixture?

Obryn

Hero
Why nerf any Ranger At-will if you are not going to nerf Twin Strike??
Because Throw and Stab was better than Twin Strike.*

While I think we can all agree that Twin Strike is basically at the apex of At-Will powers, I think we can also agree that any At-Will that's better than Twin Strike is particularly problematic.

-O

(*especially when combined with Marauder's Rush and the various Chargemania items and feats )

renau1g

First Post
Can you tell me how to get the Close Burst 3 Swordburst that I was going to get by combining Enlarge Spell with Resounding Thunder+Arcane Admixture?

You could ignore that part of the errata? I personally like that change a lot. Sorcerers could really benefit from it with their area powers and a -2 to damage is pretty insignificant to them.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
You could ignore that part of the errata? I personally like that change a lot. Sorcerers could really benefit from it with their area powers and a -2 to damage is pretty insignificant to them.

I assume you meant to suggest that my DM and I could jointly decide to ignore that part of the errata. As our DM has a policy of NOT ignoring errata, that's not an option.

Incidentally, though it's great for sorcerers, it's also very expensive for them. Most sorcerers will probably put 10s in Int and Wis, so a 13 in each uses up 6 points.

Note: I'm not arguing with the change. I'm not sure why WotC decided it was necessary -- it's certainly not one of the issues that has generated lots of complaints -- but I believe the most important part of setting out rules for a game is that it sets out default points of agreement. If you start by assuming that you are all going to play by the official rules, you avoid an awful lot of wrangling.

saitir

First Post
Yes I agree, what we need it someone to make all the errata changes to their books, paste in colour prints of the new versions, and then publish them on 4-shared regularly so we can have the updated books at our fingertips.

Absolutley.

However, some of us will need to keeping buying them otherwise they'll cease to be! There's only so long Magic and other products can prop up the D&D product if sales plummet. Do masses of errata suck (in a keeping track of things way, not in a keeping the game playable way)? Yes. Does having no new D&D suck more? I personaly think so!;)

Herschel

Adventurer
Holy crap, that thread's got more whine than Napa.

I mean, really? Declaring the Sorcerer a dead class because of the Daggermaster nerf? Declaring the Swordmage irrelevant because there's no longer feycharge cheese and enlarged swordbursts? It's like they're playing some other game and calling it 4e.
-O

No doubt. It seems there's a lot of people around that aren't happy unless they can have some sort of 'broken cheese' working in their favor.

Like in your campaign, my Swordmage doesn't use Sword Burst, isn't an Eladrin and works just fine while having the opposite Aegis.

Remove ads