• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you playing?

kotik2

First Post
Glad I'm not the only one still playing WoW...although I started a BE with the expansion, then had massive internet downtime & travel time & haven't headed anything past 60 yet...

I am currently playing mostly C&C 3. I played through it a few weeks ago, and now I am trying to play a bit in skirmish mode, just for the fun of it.

I am considering breaking out some Star Wars game, after reading a few SW novels... (Still trying to finish the New Jedi Order books). But on the other hand, I am not really interested in starting KOTOR I or II again from the beginning, and there seem to be no interesting alternatives...

Welverin

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I am considering breaking out some Star Wars game, after reading a few SW novels... (Still trying to finish the New Jedi Order books). But on the other hand, I am not really interested in starting KOTOR I or II again from the beginning, and there seem to be no interesting alternatives...

How about the Jedi Knight games? They're good, so long as you do harbor a dislike for fps.

Kaodi said:
Tomb Raider: Legend. Glad I only played $10 for the latter, because while I like it, it is extremely short, and the combat is not the greatest. The former, the former is completely worth the $60 I paid, hehehe...

See that doesn't bother me anymore, I just can't commit to a game long enough anymore to get through some eighty hour epic, a ten to twenty hour game however allows me to actually get through a game and move onto something else without leaving it unfinished.

Kaodi

Hero
I like value for money in my games. $1/hour of pleasant, enjoyable entertainment is the mimimum benchmark. So, if I am only going to get 20 hours out of a game over its entire lifetime, then I'd rather be paying only $20. The two games that come to mind where I feel I was really robbed were O.R.B. at $10, and Shadow The Hedgehog at $60 (Damnit, I should of gone with my wiser half and got Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, instead of taking a chance on what SHOULD have been at least a worthwhile game. If you have heard me complain about that decision before, or you hear it again, its because Im still kicking myself, a year and a half later.)

In any case... I've also been playing a little Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, a little Battle of Wesnoth (If only there were no turn limits.) and repeated attempts at the 9th chapter of Eirika's path in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. The latter two are both good games, but turned based strategy really sucks for a game perfectionist... At least I made it to the end with Ephraim, so its not a total loss if I never finish it.

Hijinks

First Post
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Have a 39 Mordebi bard on Flamehammer but started a new one on Florendyl so that my husband and I can level together.

Nyaricus

First Post
Enforcer said:
Diablo II, with expansion. Gotten my Druid (USEast Ladder, NOT hardcore) up to 46.
Mate, we should game sometime! I'm on US West, though... gotta level 36 Pally doing tons of damage with Charge :D

And man, Hardcore is just nutter. I don't think I'd ever have the patience to do that :p

cheers,
--N

Aeric

Explorer
Still playing WoW.

Almost finished with Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker. I can't wait to get Twilight Princess, but I don't really want to invest in an entire game system (the Wii) for a single game. Hopefully I can find a copy of the GC version somewhere out there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads