MCDM monster book “Flee Mortals!” KS is live!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I missed the first two. I was a little trepidatious about the third after the misprint crisis that came along with fulfilling the second, but I thought they handled it well enough to allay my fears. That said, another big snafu like that could spell trouble for them in the future.

I missed the first two. I was a little trepidatious about the third after the misprint crisis that came along with fulfilling the second, but I thought they handled it well enough to allay my fears. That said, another big snafu like that could spell trouble for them in the future.
I hear you, but one f'ed up page doesn't a "big snafu" make. Of course, plenty of upset backers might think otherwise.

That said, I honestly thought their first book was... less than stellar. We used some of the followers rules but I found the stronghold rules rather convoluted.

That said, I'm a sucker for monster books and Matt makes this one sound amazing.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I hear you, but one f'ed up page doesn't a "big snafu" make. Of course, plenty of upset backers might think otherwise.

When it comes to SNAFUs you only need the appearance of one, even if as you say ultimately it was not all that big. Wasn't there some issue with the deluxe books for the first KS too?

Aldarc

Legend

That said, I honestly thought their first book was... less than stellar. We used some of the followers rules but I found the stronghold rules rather convoluted.

That said, I'm a sucker for monster books and Matt makes this one sound amazing.
Matt has said that he wants to go back and revisit the Stronghold and Followers rules, especially now that he actually has designers and playtesters on his team.

When it comes to SNAFUs you only need the appearance of one, even if as you say ultimately it was not all that big. Wasn't there some issue with the deluxe books for the first KS too?
Oh, for sure perception can be a lot worse than reality. Not sure about the deluxe books issue. Didn't see anything in the updates about it.

In the case of MCDM, it appears that they're doing just fine with the new Kickstarter despite any perceptions of the issue with K&W. I think that has a lot to do with the good will Matt and his team have built up in the community over the last several years.

I should also mention that, while I didn't love the first book, the initial Kickstarter was aptly entitled Strongholds and Streaming. With MCDM being borne out of that success - the Streaming part of the rewards - I feel like I more than got my money's worth.

Remove ads