• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MCDM Update: The Power Roll

mamba

Legend
I'm not the one doing the trolling here.
that is very debatable, I see no one coming closer than you…

Most professional rpg designers provide a clear deadline for the finished product. The MCDM rpg people?

"We think we can get these two PDFs finished by June of 2025, but we don’t think you’ll have to wait that long to play it.
If things go well, we intend to get you, our backers, a playtest packet sometime next year, hopefully by Q2 2024...."
these are deadlines, and they are open about them possibly being off, I like that better than those who do not point out that these are educated guesses and pretend they are set in stone, only to then remain silent when they miss them

All Matt & Co. want to do is DnD 4.5 edition. Shouldn't take that long.
they are designing their own game from scratch…

Plus MCDM's getting lapped by completed games in the same genre (Mercer's eating Coville's lunch at the moment). By the time MCDM MAYBE gets done no one will be remotely interested in playing it.
I can tell you which Matt’s game I am interested in, and it is not Mercer

Mercer’s game also is not designed from the ground up, isn’t he basically tweaking an existing one a bit?

But that's just my experience.
at best that is your opinion

overgeeked

B/X Known World
A very popular hobby of people online is to be grumpy and negative about stuff.
You’d think when people didn’t like something they’d simply stop engaging with that thing. Instead, so many people seek out the things they dislike and forcefully engage with them. It’s really weird. Like “hate watching” a show. Why do people seek out things that make them angry? Are people just that addicted to hate?

Don’t like the MCDM RPG? Cool. Go do something else with your time instead of threadcrapping here. Just a thought.

Theory of Games

Disaffected Game Warrior
NfYou’d think when people didn’t like something they’d simply stop engaging with that thing. Instead, so many people seek out the things they dislike and forcefully engage with them. It’s really weird. Like “hate watching” a show. Why do people seek out things that make them angry? Are people just that addicted to hate?
Don’t like the MCDM RPG? Cool. Go do something else with your time instead of threadcrapping here. Just a thought.
What I posted about MCDM rpg is both true and relevant to the discussion. Just because I don' t agree doesn't automatically become threadcapping. I'm allowed my informed opinion, right?

Skayaq

Explorer
I'm intrigued by the power roll. On one hand I can think of may potential effects that could be varied by the result, like area, number of targets, range in some cases like the shadow's teleport, resources gained. On the other hand, i worry that damage might end up feeling static and weightless.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
What I posted about MCDM rpg is both true and relevant to the discussion. Just because I don' t agree doesn't automatically become threadcapping. I'm allowed my informed opinion, right?
Yes, but your opinion is not informed. You’re misinformed and just wrong. You’re also taking information and spinning it in the most negative way possible.

Repeatedly injecting a glaringly negative opinion into an otherwise positive thread is basically the definition of threadcrapping.

Remove ads