• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

McFarlane's Dragons

twofalls

DM Beadle
I don't collect action figures. I have serviceable collection of minatures used for tabletop play in D&D when its nessesary, but thats about it. That being said, I was at Spencers today and came across these Dragon action figures that simply took my breath away.

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=268

I picked up the first five because they were only $12.99 each. The sixth is also gorgeous (Beserker Clan Dragon), but at $29.99 I will have to wait till next month to purchase it. They now decorate the edie of my desk and the scale to typical D&D minatures would be considered Garantuan. for an unpainted pewter dragon of this size you would expect to pay at least $60, maybe $80, and I couldn't paint them as well as these are painted (and I'm not a bad miniture painter by any means). They are just magnificent, so I had to share. :)

(I just don't care for their rubbery smell, but that will wear off I hope.)

Soel

First Post
Right now, there are 3 of these at my local WalMart for 7.99 each! They do look nice, and pretty much scale for miniatures size, but I don't use minis. Of course, the paint jobs aren't as plush as the ones on the back of the box, but the sculpting is fantastic.

JoeGKushner

First Post
The local Suncoast here only has one of 'em. A dragon attacking a dude on horse. It is one of those that I actually don't want.

Time to hit up Something Wicked in Evanston.

NeghVar

First Post
I bought the lot of them - I figure that much that I can chop the rider out of the Berserker dragon. Besides - my son was asking for the guy on horseback. :D

Why can't WotC get together with the retail toy arm of Hasbro to do something similar with D&D minis?

Ciao!

Darth K'Trava

First Post
They're awesome! I bought two of them and took them one game night and the group went ga-ga over them! :)

Just a note: open in a place of LOTS of ventilation and let air. They have a STRONG vinyl smell to them.

IronWolf

blank
They are quite nice looking from what I have seen. A friend brought one to the last gaming session, quite impressive and nice price to boot!

Remove ads