MCU Phase 4 news

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Natalie Portman's return to the MCU is a surprise. But I really hope they're doing their take on the Jane Foster as Thor run from the comics. That was easily the best story arc they'd done since Kid Loki.

I'm taking it, for now, that this will be a slightly different take on the Thor storyline... because we had verified in Endgame that Thor Odinson is still worthy.

Definitely. Also, the whole mystery of who the new Thor was at the beginning wouldn't really work in movie form, either. Not with headlines already proclaiming that "Natalie Portman is the New Thor."

I'm taking it, for now, that this will be a slightly different take on the Thor storyline... because we had verified in Endgame that Thor Odinson is still worthy.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The news about a new Blade movie is potentially great, provided that it keeps a more mature approach (as per Wesley Snipes portrayal) and doesnt get a Disney makeover. Mahersala Ali is a great actor and Blade helps to expand the MCU Supernatural mythos.

a bit of a bummer that theyve already spoiled Lady Thor, that could have been a nice surprise for the new movie

ccs

41st lv DM
Does anyone know if the only way they could get Portman back was to offer her a bigger role in any MCU movie since her last outing?

Or maybe they had a (good?) idea for another Thor story & said "Hey...."

So doing the Jane Foster/cancer/Thor route makes sense.

If they don't want to do the cancer route, they can always say that as a result of having the infinity stone in her for so long in "The Dark World", her body is deteriorating to the point where only taking on the form of Thor can keep her alive. I think I can live with that.

There's all kinds of reasons why Jane might get to wield Thors' power. What if Thor becomes unworthy during the movie? Or gets turned into a frog? Or....
They don't have to do the cancer/Jane's dying route.

Ryujin

Legend
Or maybe they had a (good?) idea for another Thor story & said "Hey...."

There's all kinds of reasons why Jane might get to wield Thors' power. What if Thor becomes unworthy during the movie? Or gets turned into a frog? Or....
They don't have to do the cancer/Jane's dying route.

Or if Thor steps into Odin's recently vacated role as All Father? The Asgardians need a new home and ruler.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Or if Thor steps into Odin's recently vacated role as All Father? The Asgardians need a new home and ruler.

Um.. Thor just specifically handed the rulership of Asgardians to Valkyrie, and their hew home is in Norway....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases