• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Me Oh, My Oh! A Pathfinder Forum!

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
*Long Whistle* Pretty Spiffy. Now I have a reason to be back at ENWorld on a regular basis. *Happy little kitty dances in a dryer*

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Geron Raveneye said:
So will the Pathfinder RPG book contain a collection of baseline monsters, and the Pathfinder MM will be an expansion? Or no monsters in the RPG book and a stand-alone MM later? :) I think 420 pages should be enough to include a few handfuls of monsters, right? :D
I must put in a request fore this as well. A small chapter or appendix in the main PFRPG book is a great idea.

Roland55

First Post
Interesting times.

More than one active, well supported form of D&D in existence at one time.

Amazing.

I just can't see this as 'fracturing' our hobby. Rather, I see it as 'the more, the merrier.'

[OK, we could argue about a few previous times ... and Basic v. Advanced ... but that was a distinctly different situation.]

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
pawsplay said:
Pathfinder looks nice, but unfortunately, in many ways seems to have gone in the same direction as 4e. So maybe not my cuppa.

Things to remember:

1) All that we have now is an Alpha Test. In game design terms, an alpha test is where you test your most "radical" ideas. Why? Because who knows, the radical ideas just might meld well together. Your testers just might like it. You never know until you try.

2) Paizo is listening to feedback and is making changes. This isn't just the alpha test, but Alpha Test 1. There's going to be an Alpha Test 2 (last I heard sometime in April) and I'm willing to bet a #3 and maybe even a 4. They're going to incorporate our feedback into the game.

3) Paizo is listening to their customers. I repeated this one because it is worth repeated. These guys actually do care what we, the customers, think. If the first read sounds like something you're not interested in, tell them. Tell them what you would like to see changed. Tell them what you like about it. Let them know that you care instead of just, "eh, I don't like it, next." If you don't speak up, there is less of a chance the game will be to your liking. They're listening, now's the time to speak up.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We fully support you guys, Erik. Settle in here; the next year will be exciting.

We'll have a unique category or two for Pathfinder, starting in a few weeks. The current system is disabled as we get ready for ENW2. Once we're up and running on the new software, we'll make it easier for folks to find Pathfinder threads.

- Kevin

Last edited:

Zebster

First Post
Yay Pathfinder!

[I just rolled up a Alpha Human Wizard (Conjurer) for our next campaign. Woo!]

I will totally buy a Manual of Monsters, Pathfinder Edition, so bring it on!!

Remove ads