D&D 5E Mearls' "Firing" tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sunseeker

Eh. At this point, I need more information to reply further. The cancellations don't even hit until March, and that's the first of an unknown number of waves. This is a case where we have to wait and see.

If I'm right, we're warned about the tactic in play and know how to counter it when used against DnD in the future. If I'm wrong, comics benefit. Either way, we come out ahead. That's a gamble I'm willing to take.

Uh huh. Eeerily familiar.

Zardnaar

Legend
Also, the LGBTQ+ community are collectively a protected class of people. Nazi pieces of crap are not.

:D
Actually they are in the USA and even in New Zealand where political views are protected by law and in places like university's.

Here it's perfectly legal to walk down the street in a Nazi uniform
, goose stepping and singing Deutschland Uber Alles.

People would think you're an idiot but it's legal.

DM Magic

Adventurer
Actually they are in the USA and even in New Zealand where political views are protected by law and in places like university's.

Here it's perfectly legal to walk down the street in a Nazi uniform
, goose stepping and singing Deutschland Uber Alles.

People would think you're an idiot but it's legal.

There is a difference between having the freedom to practice whatever sick belief you want and being in a protected class of people. Nazis are not a protected class.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Similarly, you don’t have to offer male couple toppers for your wedding cakes, but you can’t refuse to serve the cake itself to a gay couple. EN World mobile app

Actually, if you offer anthropomorphic cake toppers at all, you probably can’t refuse to offer same sex ones.

If you, as a professional baker, want to do wedding cakes but want to sidestep same sex toppers, don’t offer any human cake toppers at all.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Welcome to the problem with, well, everything humanity's done.

For example, focusing on worker's rights. Seems good, right? Yes, you have unions that fight for the rights of the underclass workers who... Hey, when did all of these Mafia guys show up? And what is that worker's political party doing in... BY GRABTHAR'S HAMMER NO!

A revolution against unjust monarchy rule sounds good, right? Worked out for the Americans! Though French leadership tended to lose their heads over the matter. And then there's Russia...

And TerraDave posted a tweet from Mearls that is worthy of discussion! Oh, hey, look at the 50 pages after it...

But, yeah. Humanity in a nutshell. Making the worst out of a good situation and making people realize why the good aspects are necessary as they stare at the bad.

And so the answer is... what? Do nothing assuming anything we try will always turn out bad? [sarcasm]I know I'd rather work in a sweatshop and be starved for bread while the royalty loses all its tax money (and buckets of conscripted blood) in foreign wars.[/sarcasm]

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
There is a difference between having the freedom to practice whatever sick belief you want and being in a protected class of people. Nazis are not a protected class.

I would amend that to say they have the freedom to profess whatever sick belief they want (not necessarily practice it, genocide and other forms of racist violence being illegal).

Zardnaar

Legend
I would amend that to say they have the freedom to profess whatever sick belief they want (not necessarily practice it, genocide and other forms of racist violence being illegal).

They would have to be very careful how you expressed views like that here. I used to work with a holocaust denier but was kind of shocked when I found out.

For example if someone admitted to being a Nazi and got fired for it they would have a case in the employment courts.

If they said something directly in the workplace they could be fired for harassment or bullying aka severe misconduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads