D&D General Mechanics you DO want to see return

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
It's in the Dungeon Master's Workshop chapter under Healing.

Healing Surges
This optional rule allows characters to heal up in the thick of combat and works well for parties that feature few or no characters with healing magic, or for campaigns in which magical healing is rare.

As an action, a character can use a healing surge and spend up to half his or her Hit Dice. For each Hit Die spent in this way, the player rolls the die and adds the character’s Constitution modifier. The character regains hit points equal to the total. The player can decide to spend an additional Hit Die after each roll.

A character who uses a healing surge can’t do so again until he or she finishes a short or long rest.

Under this optional rule, a character regains all spent Hit Dice at the end of a long rest. With a short rest, a character regains Hit Dice equal to his or her level divided by four (minimum of one die).

For a more superheroic feel, you can let a character use a healing surge as a bonus action, rather than as an action.

Oh, poop, @Fanaelialae , noticed that you threw in the page number at the exact same time as I hit post. Ugh.

5ekyu

Hero
My list is fairly simple:

Morale rolls
Reaction rolls
Negative hitpoints
10 minute exploration turns (something i noficed pathfinder 2e has reincorporated)
About morale rules, since there are morale rules in the DMG for NPCs are the ones you are referring to for PCs or some different mechanics?

Oofta

Legend
So has anyone done a comparison of this to the mechanics you do not want to see return? Because it seems like there may be a decent amount of overlap. :unsure:

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
So has anyone done a comparison of this to the mechanics you do not want to see return? Because it seems like there may be a decent amount of overlap. :unsure:
Haha! Yeah. I've notice that one person's crap is another person's treasure. Seems to be a recurring theme on message boards.

the Jester

Legend
Strongholds, followers, realm rulership, mass combat, the victory point system, better monster design using more of the 4e techniques, minions, variable critical hit ranges/multipliers.

I'm sure there's tons more, but those are the ones that immediately spring to mind for me.

Remove ads