Medeival Geeks! Is There a Term for a Mace-Wielder?

ejja_1

First Post
It's for a fantasy game correct? Or does it have to historicly correct?
If it's fantasy you could name it after a regiment or unit that uses that weapon exclusivly.
Ei: The Mithral Dragons are a unit that uses heavy armor and blunt weapons, so any class specializing in it could be called a Mithril Dragon.
Just an idea....

the Jester

Legend
It's for a fantasy game correct? Or does it have to historicly correct?
If it's fantasy you could name it after a regiment or unit that uses that weapon exclusivly.
Ei: The Mithral Dragons are a unit that uses heavy armor and blunt weapons, so any class specializing in it could be called a Mithril Dragon.
Just an idea....

Well, I was looking for a name for a type of monster that I'm converting- a "gulgar maceman" is what I'm looking at so far.

Korgoth

First Post
Well, I was looking for a name for a type of monster that I'm converting- a "gulgar maceman" is what I'm looking at so far.

How about "gulgar bludgeoner"? While you might want to distinguish "maces" from "bludgeons"... it's a similar sort of thing (noun) and you do the same thing with both (verb, to bludgeon).

Mercule

Adventurer
Smiters.
Iron stars.
Brutes (the derogatory form was a PR move by knights to sully the rep of mace-wielders).

Note: I made these up for gaming purposes. They are not historical in any way.

Last edited:

mmadsen

First Post
Being an uncivilized weapon it really didn't have a name for one who specialized in them. The average man could use a club to beat someone wish, so an upgraded club was given to fill in the ranks where no skill or knowledge of use was needed.
A scepter is an ornamental mace. While a club may be a peasant's weapon, a mace is a king's weapon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads