• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Medeival Geeks! Is There a Term for a Mace-Wielder?

ejja_1

First Post
It's for a fantasy game correct? Or does it have to historicly correct?
If it's fantasy you could name it after a regiment or unit that uses that weapon exclusivly.
Ei: The Mithral Dragons are a unit that uses heavy armor and blunt weapons, so any class specializing in it could be called a Mithril Dragon.
Just an idea....

the Jester

Legend
It's for a fantasy game correct? Or does it have to historicly correct?
If it's fantasy you could name it after a regiment or unit that uses that weapon exclusivly.
Ei: The Mithral Dragons are a unit that uses heavy armor and blunt weapons, so any class specializing in it could be called a Mithril Dragon.
Just an idea....

Well, I was looking for a name for a type of monster that I'm converting- a "gulgar maceman" is what I'm looking at so far.

Korgoth

First Post
Well, I was looking for a name for a type of monster that I'm converting- a "gulgar maceman" is what I'm looking at so far.

How about "gulgar bludgeoner"? While you might want to distinguish "maces" from "bludgeons"... it's a similar sort of thing (noun) and you do the same thing with both (verb, to bludgeon).

Mercule

Adventurer
Smiters.
Iron stars.
Brutes (the derogatory form was a PR move by knights to sully the rep of mace-wielders).

Note: I made these up for gaming purposes. They are not historical in any way.

Last edited:

mmadsen

First Post
Being an uncivilized weapon it really didn't have a name for one who specialized in them. The average man could use a club to beat someone wish, so an upgraded club was given to fill in the ranks where no skill or knowledge of use was needed.
A scepter is an ornamental mace. While a club may be a peasant's weapon, a mace is a king's weapon.

Remove ads