Medieval Europe Game

fusangite

First Post
TIME: 1:00pm to 5:00pm Wednesday

I've been away from these boards for nearly a year but hopefully some here might recall my style. For the past several years, I have been developing a simulationist-style RPG modeling Europe in the Early Middle Ages.

This game is based on my definition of historical accuracy, which is a little different than the expected definition in that it models Europe as people at the time imagined it to be, based on my reading of dozens of saints' lives and other early medieval texts.

I initially posted this game on Circvs Maximvs's scheduling forum but it looks like I need to open it up here to fill out the ranks of potential players for the four (out of seven) spots currently vacant.

The game will be set in 855 AD in one of the marches of the Carolingian Empire, in either north Saxony, along the Limes Sorabicus in eastern Germany, in Dalmatia or in the Marca Hispanica. The party will be composed of two Missi Dominici (a warrior and a holy man accountable to one of the empire's five kings) and up to five hangers-on.

If you are interested, please post to this thread and I'll start a list of potential players. Historical knowledge is not required but hard-core history geeks will probably enjoy this game more -- and religious studies geeks should have a pretty damned good time. For more information about the game, please visit here.

1. Old One [confirmed]
2. Ceresco [confirmed]
3. Riggs [confirmed]
4. Queenie [confirmed]
5. Brent Nall
6. Rozeanne
7. (vacant)

Last edited:

Mind if I show up and sponge? Unfortunately my history for the period covered lies in other pursuits, but I'd love to see what you and how you pull this off.
My German is horrible, but passable and if you need a patsy I'm more than willing to perform. :)
I'll be running a bit late, because I have a prior gaming commitment at the Ram that ends when you start. Otherwise I have 6 hours to kill before The Stink that night.

fusangite

First Post
Mind if I show up and sponge? Unfortunately my history for the period covered lies in other pursuits, but I'd love to see what you and how you pull this off.
My German is horrible, but passable and if you need a patsy I'm more than willing to perform. :)
I'll be running a bit late, because I have a prior gaming commitment at the Ram that ends when you start. Otherwise I have 6 hours to kill before The Stink that night.
Sounds good. Can you read/post to the CM thread where I'm tracking the game?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I have posted to the CM thread and made the necessary dls. Looking forward to the game. Thanks.

Remove ads