Medieval Tournament, recruiting [Pathfinder]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Yes, Oracle would be fine. Also, you guys can buy normal equipment, and magic would be fine, i don't know what the standard gold for 13th level is, but lets go with that, your characters will be able to have their own weapons for after the competition, and during off time, but it's only during the events that they are required to use the provided equipment.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok, I will make an Oracle of the Mystery of Battle. What pantheon do we use. Is casting during the tournament allowed? I see a problem with True Strike and the archery competition.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Casting during the competition is not allowed, if you get caught. We will use the pantheon from Paizo, aka Gorum and co.

Hand to hand combat:

Competitors will be given a masterwork weapon and armor of their choice, it will be dulled to deal nonlethal damage only to another competitor. They will fight until one is knocked unconscious.

this bracket will be used for tournaments. I for now will be having you guys represent my kingdom of Narland.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Can we use magic item compendium for magic gear? The core items are just the basic, bland variety. And standard starting cash per the DMG pg135 is 110,000g for lvl 13.

I think I'm going with the strait 13th lvl fighter.

Would I be able to wear non magical adamantine full plate during the events if I bought it?

Can we take any feats from sources other than pathfinder, if they don't have a pathfinder eqivalent?

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Can we use magic item compendium for magic gear?

Yes

Would I be able to wear non magical adamantine full plate during the events if I bought it?

No, the gear is given so the events are fair from the equipment standpoint, you would be able to wear it in your downtime (don't know why) and after the competition.

Can we take any feats from sources other than pathfinder, if they don't have a pathfinder eqivalent?

If you run them by me first, go ahead.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I set up the RG here

The other issue we need to get to, not necessarily now, is if we are going to continue the AP after the tournament or just do the tournament.

character building review:

Level 13
20 point buy pathfinder
110,000 gp

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I dunno, I have two modules I can put you through in the Kingmaker adventure path, the first is mostly hexcrawl as you explore and do some mass combat stuff, but I can take out the hex part with relative ease, and the second is much more normal starting at 15th level and going through 17. I have plenty of stuff for you guys to do and NPC's that can fill blank spots in the party. up to you if you want to play or not.

There are descriptions of the adventures here and here

Last edited:

Remove ads