Blog (A5E) Meet Our ‘Level Up’ Team!

We’ve crossed the ‘t’s and dotted the ‘i’s, signed on the dotted lines, and we’re very excited to introduce our team of 5E designers to you! They’ve already started work on Level Up! Hundreds of people applied when we advertised these positions. Whittling them down was a challenge, but we are very proud of the group we’ve brought together to work on this game. Some you may have heard of...

We’ve crossed the ‘t’s and dotted the ‘i’s, signed on the dotted lines, and we’re very excited to introduce our team of 5E designers to you! They’ve already started work on Level Up!

4EE396D1-411F-4F06-9AB4-49ACD7F2D0BB.jpeg

Hundreds of people applied when we advertised these positions. Whittling them down was a challenge, but we are very proud of the group we’ve brought together to work on this game. Some you may have heard of, while others we hope you’ll get to know over the coming months.

Check them out on our Team page!

If you are interested in working on Level Up, keep an eye on this website, as more opportunities will be available.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
nice soft racism here...

I do not care if 90% of the team is purple-orange aliens or 50+ YO white dudes. As long as the managment picked the best od the best among all applications.

Nice soft racism there.

There's usually racism involved in who gets the opportunities and exposure to be recognized as one of the best. So, when choosing a team with one of the goals being diversity, one has to be able to look past one's own assumptions and "soft" racism and not only look for who stands out as the best, but maybe who has great potential but hasn't had the best opportunities yet, or hasn't been recognized yet, or whose work has just the...something that you're looking for. That's a key to real leadership - not just picking the most obvious talent (anyone can do that), but recognizing the potential.

Anyway, I am very excited about this team and this project. Time to head over to Twitter and follow them all!

Horwath

Legend
Nice soft racism there.

There's usually racism involved in who gets the opportunities and exposure to be recognized as one of the best. So, when choosing a team with one of the goals being diversity, one has to be able to look past one's own assumptions and "soft" racism and not only look for who stands out as the best, but maybe who has great potential but hasn't had the best opportunities yet, or hasn't been recognized yet, or whose work has just the...something that you're looking for. That's a key to real leadership - not just picking the most obvious talent (anyone can do that), but recognizing the potential.

So, are you saying that they need to hire 2 tiers of candidates?

Tier 1 that will get right down to the job, and tier 2 that has potential to do excellent work on 2nd project, but needs to be "trained in" first.

I believe that they are ALL hired to their best from day 1. And that they will teach each other anything someone else is missing.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
So, are you saying that they need to hire 2 tiers of candidates?

Tier 1 that will get right down to the job, and tier 2 that has potential to do excellent work on 2nd project, but needs to be "trained in" first.

I believe that they are ALL hired to their best from day 1. And that they will teach each other anything someone else is missing.

Not at all, no. Perhaps I wasn't expressing myself well.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Wow, that looks like a huge team and such an interesting cast of people! Congratulations to everyone, and I'm really excited to see what comes out of this.

Remove ads

Remove ads