Meloncov's Landscapes (Requests taken)

Ilium

First Post
Meloncov said:
Okay, one more question before I start: what color/type of rocks do you want?

Sorry for the slow response. I hadn't really thought about this question. Just, you know, rocky. :)

Grey/brown granite would probably work.

Meloncov

First Post
Here you go:
cliff.jpg

Nice stuff, can you do buildings in this program as well? Or detailed geography? (Tower carved from rock?)

Since I was looking for a steep mountain side riddled with cascading waterfalls and somewhere 2/3rds up the slope on a small outcropping between all the cascading water a tall slender tower :).

Ilium

First Post
Terragen only does landscape, and not terribly detailed landscape at that. I've downloaded it and played with it a bit since Meloncov did my picture for me. It's extremely cool, but if you want buildings or individual trees or anything, it's time to break out photoshop or something. You can use Terragen for the terrain, then grab the building image from elsewhere and merge them. Since Terragen lets you control lighting and everything, you can try to match the light source in your terrain to the lighting on your other art. I'm going to give it a shot myself, though I don't have photoshop.

Here's the Terragen link: http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

Meloncov

First Post
Ilium said:
Terragen only does landscape, and not terribly detailed landscape at that. I've downloaded it and played with it a bit since Meloncov did my picture for me. It's extremely cool, but if you want buildings or individual trees or anything, it's time to break out photoshop or something. You can use Terragen for the terrain, then grab the building image from elsewhere and merge them. Since Terragen lets you control lighting and everything, you can try to match the light source in your terrain to the lighting on your other art. I'm going to give it a shot myself, though I don't have photoshop.

Here's the Terragen link: http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

That about sums it up. I can do fairly complex things by merging multiple pictures in photoshop (the waterfall scene is one example), but it takes a very long time.

EldonG

First Post
I used to do lots of stuff in Terragen, but since my last big crash, I haven't re-downloaded it...I'm on a friend's computer...but I can post a link to my stuff over at Renderosity, if anyone is interested...actually, I'm EldonG over there, too, so if you go to www.renderosity.com, go into the galleries, search by artist, EldonG...that's me. :)

Remove ads