Meloncov's Landscapes (Requests taken)

Meloncov

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Just to let you know, I think that the images for the first request might actually work for another region of the Lands of Harqual. There is a island known as the Isle of Mist, which is considered a legend by many throughout Harqual. The first image would be looking out from the island towards the sea, while the second inmage is looking towards the island's interior, up one of its rivers.

The Isle of Mist is quite rugged and is "Fey".

KF72

I'm glad. Feel free to ask for anything else if you want it.

Ilium

First Post
Ok, here's a strange one. If you can manage it I'll be very pleased:

A big cliff (several hundred to 1000 feet high) running to the horizon in both directions. At the base of the cliff is a wide river. On the riverbank opposite the cliff are wooded hills.

Meanwhile I'm off to look at Terragin for myself. :)

Meloncov

First Post
Am I correct in assuming the river runs roughly paralel to the cliffs?

I should be able to do it, though the forest might look a little rough.

Ilium

First Post
That's right. And the cliff (and river) run basically east-west, in case you want to include a Sun or something.

Thanks a bunch. The PCs in my group have traveled up and down that river so many times they've come to hate it a bit. :) It would be cool to have a graphic to show them.

In my day I used to use Terragen lots, check out http://www.kenneth-norris.co.uk

Your Terragen pictures have great promise and I would love to see where you go with 'em in the future!

Below is one of my fav pictures done in Terragen.

Shattered Sun
shattered_sun_0440.jpg

Meloncov

First Post
Ilium said:
That's right. And the cliff (and river) run basically east-west, in case you want to include a Sun or something.

Thanks a bunch. The PCs in my group have traveled up and down that river so many times they've come to hate it a bit. :) It would be cool to have a graphic to show them.

Okay, one more question before I start: what color/type of rocks do you want?

Odhanan

Adventurer
Oh gosh. That's beautiful. I'm trying to think of a request right now, but I don't have any. I'll seriously think about it, though, if you don't mind. Thanks a lot for the offer!

Can you/your software(s) handle weird vegetation/mushrooms and/or shots of underground caves/caverns/dungeons?

Meloncov

First Post
Odhanan said:
Oh gosh. That's beautiful. I'm trying to think of a request right now, but I don't have any. I'll seriously think about it, though, if you don't mind. Thanks a lot for the offer!

Can you/your software(s) handle weird vegetation/mushrooms and/or shots of underground caves/caverns/dungeons?

Thank you.

To my knowledge, the program cannot create any vegetation other than grass/shrubs (I can get what sorta looks like trees at a distance, but not up close). I can go in in photoshop and add in othe types of vegetation (which was how I created the waterfall scene) but it is rather time consuming, and I can't always get it to look decent.

As for underground scenes, I can fake it by setting the sky to black and choosing the right rock colors, but it can't do stalagtites and the like. Again, I could add a few in photoshop, but too many would be too much work.

Remove ads