[Merged] D&D forum renaming thread

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Captain's Log. Day 19 of this "week or two" exploration. Still lost. Things appear in the wrong places, I can't find any points of reference, and all the things I'm looking for a hidden behind piles of detritus. Running out of in

Tony Vargas

Legend
I like the idea of organizing the D&D-ish forums that way. A D&D forum, with the editions as sub-forums, nice & neat. Definitely better than rolling older editions in with PF. (I could see rolling OSR, 13A, and other D&D-derivatives in with PF, giving them their own sub-forums, too.)

But, all the older-edition posts, at least the ones explicitly tagged with an ed, really need to be moved from the PF/SF forum, to their respective D&D sub-forums.

Once that's sorted, it'll be more intuitive.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I ask this respectfully, but could we please get a decision as soon as possible? And if you've decided to keep all the D&D together, could you make an official announcement about it so people know they absolutely need to start tagging threads? Because people still aren't, which makes the filter function basically not helpful.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I just realized something else that's an issue if the forums stay merged. You can only put one tag on a thread, so if you tag it with an edition, you can't also tag it "Homebrew" or "DDAL" or one of the others. (Though DDAL implies 5E, I guess, since that term wasn't used in earlier editions.)

Tony Vargas

Legend
I just realized something else that's an issue if the forums stay merged. You can only put one tag on a thread, so if you tag it with an edition, you can't also tag it "Homebrew" or "DDAL" or one of the others. (Though DDAL implies 5E, I guess, since that term wasn't used in earlier editions.)

I hadn't thought of that.
Actual sub-forums would be better, rather than counting on tags.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Day 25 people! Another 6 and we'll definitely have been at it for at least one month, no matter which you pick!
I'm sure this experiment will have collected data by then, right?

Remove ads