Messina a fantasy webcomic

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Hello. I am currently working on a fantasy webcomic. While it wont have such obvious references to d&d such as order of the stick, it will have them.

I will be posting some of my favorite pages here. Hopefully some you crazy enworlders will become readers

here is a link to the web comic Messina

38849d1233527980-messina-fantasy-webcomic-messina0007-small-no-text.jpg

Attachments

• Messina0007-small-no-text.jpg
    Messina0007-small-no-text.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

Moon-Lancer

First Post
as soon as possible... LOL

Theirs a few more pages left in the introduction, and after that the characters will begin to be introduced. I imagine that's when i will start to get more consistent readers as well.

People like characters doing things rather then grand visions of creation, but it sets the premise for the world and will be impotent later on in the story.

Last edited:

grapplethetroll

First Post
As a webcomic creator who's started one around the same time as you, and who has been running with a large webcomics crew for the past year or so I'll offer the one bit of criticism I feel authorized to make. Decide on an update schedule and stick to it. If your readers don't know when to come back for more they'll stop reading. Some comics are easier to crank out than others, but whether it's daily, three times a week, or weekly you're going to want to commit to a schedule if you want readers to stay invested in your story. Your updates aren't consistent, and in the long term you're going to lose readers if they can't rely on updates when they want them.

One thing you've done well is allowing for a small archive before advertising the comic. This gives people something to look back into to see if they like where the comic is going. So far it's starting slowly, but I'm adding it to my RSS reader to keep tabs on it and see where it goes. I'm enjoying the art so far, and I'll keep tabs on what you're doing. Webomics folk need to support each other. We're a pretty tight family, we are.

grapplethetroll

First Post
Link please (I didn't see one in your profile)! :)

Hehe. Well it isn't D&D, or even Fantasy related, so I didn't link it here. Also I didn't want to make it look like I was pimping my own comic in someone else's comic thread. Hehe.

Link's in my profile now. It's a photo based comic using some of my wife's amigurumi (crocheted characters.) I'm still in my own giant learning process. Figuring it all out still.

And with that, let's see some more Messina. Keep it coming. I'd like to read more of it.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
As a webcomic creator who's started one around the same time as you, and who has been running with a large webcomics crew for the past year or so I'll offer the one bit of criticism I feel authorized to make. Decide on an update schedule and stick to it. If your readers don't know when to come back for more they'll stop reading. Some comics are easier to crank out than others, but whether it's daily, three times a week, or weekly you're going to want to commit to a schedule if you want readers to stay invested in your story. Your updates aren't consistent, and in the long term you're going to lose readers if they can't rely on updates when they want them.

Your totally right, and its a very valid criticism. Its something i quite honestly suck at. I took a few months off because to think and work on other projects. I am not worried about viewers yet as I havent started the bulk of the marketing for the comic yet. I worked on a 3d reel for a bit, did some soul searching and ready to try and really get a solid schedule down. I really thank you for your advice.

If it didn't take so blipin long to make each page i would update so much more.
I am currently working on R&D for a faster more robust style that can be updated once a week.

Jaerdaph thanks for the comment as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads