Metal Fist Feat Chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
Well, I'm happy to tinker, and it's always better to have to add than it is to have to take away. ;)

Does the following change to the first feat sit well with everyone?

Metal Fist Strike [General]
Prerequisites
Simple Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Gauntlets), Weapon Focus (Spiked Gauntlets), Flurry of Blows.

Benefit
You may treat the Spiked Gauntlet as a special monk weapon. In addition, you may use your unarmed strike damage instead of your spiked gauntlet damage while still benefitting from the spiked gauntlet's enhancements and special materials.

This is the most recent version to which Bront is referring, right?

I agree it's better than the other versions. And I still aprove... :)

By my calculations, a fighter 1/monk 2 can now qualify, or a human monk 3.

Patlin

Explorer
By the way, if I'm reading this right a 16th level monk with this feat and wearing +1 cold iron spiked gauntlets of Ki Strike could treat the weapon as both cold iron and adamantine at the same time, right?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
By the way, if I'm reading this right a 16th level monk with this feat and wearing +1 cold iron spiked gauntlets of Ki Strike could treat the weapon as both cold iron and adamantine at the same time, right?
It looks like it--an interesting and balanced advantage that can certainly help the monk strike unusual DRs (as well as making enhancing her damage much easier than an Amulet of Mighty Fists)

Velmont

First Post
That feat seems correct. One thing that make it not too strong is teh fact that it will be hard to find random magic gauntlet. Someone with that feat is most likely need to find someone who will create a gauntlet for him.

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
Yup, that's how I read it. Doesn't seem too bad.

However, on a materials note, if they're silverd gauntlets, do they reduce damage by 1?

Erekose13

Explorer
With Patlin and Bront approving it that's two. I'd approve it like Velmont and Rystil, but we have no say. Balance wise, this second incarnation is good if a little bit weak, looks good to me.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
With Patlin and Bront approving it that's two. I'd approve it like Velmont and Rystil, but we have no say. Balance wise, this second incarnation is good if a little bit weak, looks good to me.
I don't think Bront gets a vote as Tavern Coordinator :lol:

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
Yup, that's how I read it. Doesn't seem too bad.

However, on a materials note, if they're silverd gauntlets, do they reduce damage by 1?

Yes. Personally, I'm more than happy to have my main weapon be cold iron or adamantine, but I avoid alchemical silver like the plague for this reason.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
I don't get a real vote, I just coardinate the drinking ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads