[MHB] +6 on all attributes for 200,000 ?

kreynolds

First Post
FrankTrollman said:
They never ever stack! After all, it would be totally retarded to make an item if you had to pay two cost increases - since you could just have it be a token in your pocket and have it increase in cost only once.

The last time I asked CS about this, they incidicated that the nonaffinity price increase applies to the entire item. According to them, on a Belt of Strength +4 and Dexterity +4, the Dexterity portion would get a price jump for being an additional power, then the entire item would get slapped with yet another 50% increase for the nonaffinity penalty of the Dexterity portion.

Personally, I don't see the point for them stacking. I should mention that I haven't heard back from the Sage on this though. But, based on past experience, when it's been this long, I probably won't.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
FrankTrollman said:
The cost increase for a second power on a slotted item is the same as the cost increase for an item with an inappropriate power is the same as the cost increase for an item with no slot cost at all.

They never ever stack! After all, it would be totally retarded to make an item if you had to pay two cost increases - since you could just have it be a token in your pocket and have it increase in cost only once.

The increase for a second power is +50%, while for an unslotted item it's +100%.

wtdavid

First Post
kreynolds said:
Forget the SRD. Look at the DMG, page 282, sidebar. There is a specific example in there of a belt of Strength and Dexterity, and they are _not_ similar powers.

Yep, that's what I get for doing this at work with no access to the DMG. I looked at it last night, and that's what it says. I don't agree, but that's what it says.

Anyway, 200,000 is nothing to sneeze at. It's virtualy impossible to purchase one. Also looked at the gp limit of towns and the largest is 100,000. This would have to be crafted and that would be 100,000 gp and over 8000 xp. That's pretty stiff.

-wtdavid

Remove ads