Release Michigan Mythos: Fall Colors (PDF for Pulp Cthulhu)

I participated in the Storytelling Collective write a Call of Cthulhu PDF adventure for July for the Miskatonic Repository on drivethru rpg. Michigan Mythos: Fall Colors is a 5000 word Pulp Cthulhu adventure set in Michigan's Ludington State Park in 1935.

1628163274813.png

It was a lot of work. But I learned a lot. Word can be stretched into doing more than I thought it could. And there are a lot of resources out there for publishing writers. Harder than just writing a Word doc for four cents a word and the pay will likely be less. But I'm glad I did the work and got it done.

Bayushi_seikuro

Adventurer
Well, there had been a recent (within the past few years) rumor that Confederate gold got stolen and shipped to Muskegon and was buried under Hackley Park - maybe it's cursed gold? It's later than typical for Mythos stuff, but you also have to wonder about the Underwater Crucifix near Petosky Underwater Crucifix

Bayushi_seikuro

Adventurer
Again, showing my hometown bias... Capone used to come up for the summers in Muskegon, Buster Keaton used to hang out at the Artists' Colony... and a library like this, with huge stained glass windows and creepy glass floors in the upstairs stacks seem meant for Mythos :)

hpl.jpg

J.M

Explorer
Just found and read this. Love the atmosphere, very Lovecraftian.
Excellent first effort!! Trust me, the second one is easier :)
Added to my "to run" pile...

Last edited:

Just found and read this. Love the atmosphere, very Lovecraftian.
Excellent first effort!! Trust me, the second one is easier :)
Added to my "to run" pile...

Thanks! I have written for game companies before but never for myself. Please feel free to leave a brief review after you run it if you have time. I would love to improve.

I may be making the trek to an old mental hospital in Traverse City. May be a follow up after that, we'll see.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4