MidKnight vs. Kerall (completed)

MidKnight

First Post
MidKnight stands before the gates of the almost complete Tower of the Sword looking for someone evil to pound around for a while!

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
Hiding at some distance, Kerall and one of his enthusiastic yet dumb young lackeys are watching the tower. "This is going to be a problem, Boss. You should go and smack that guy around to show him who's da man". Mentally flogging the boy for his stupidity, Kerall whispers: "I have not arrived where I am now by taking unnecessary risks".

"But you always go on and on about how you need to fight powerful opponents!", the dummy whines.

"No - I need to
defeat them, and going against a Brown Belt in front of his own fortress is not the way to..."

Meanwhile, a reddish mist forms near MidKnight. Noone but him is looking in that direction right now, and the apparition is totally silent. Before MidKnight can draw attention, the mist coalesces into a foggy devilish form and points one of its vaporous fingers towards the bush where Kerall is hiding.

Your opponent is there. He is totally corrupt and evil. The voice is not a voice - it's as if MidKnight found himself thinking someone else's thoughts. He is my servant. He wants to see your tower crumbled, your family slaughtered, and all honor defeated. Go now.

One of the tower's workers turns his head to MidKnight to ask something, but before he can see the fiend, it has already vanished. Now that his attention has been drawn to the bushes, MidKnight can in fact see that one of them is shaking a bit too much for a windless day.

"Stay still, you *#@$%]£!!". The hushed conversation, too far and low to be heard, continues. None of the two have noticed the apparition.
"...listen lad, how old are you?"
"I'm fifteen"
"You want to reach sixteen, don't you?"

OOC: Challenge accepted, albeit in an unorthodox manner. Kerall would hate me for that, though. :D

graydoom

First Post
GrayDoom appears, ready to watch the fight... and more. "Heh heh heh... finally, a good fight. I see that both of you have a good deal of Yen. Let it be known that either of you can bid for my help... the cost of a signature style for one round starts at only 2 yen, and the cost of a dirty trick at only 4...."

ooc: Pretty much at any time, you can declare that you are starting a bid for something from me. The other fighter can make a counter-bid, and so on until one person does not or cannot make another bid. The winner of the bid can then purchase any one ability that can be given for that amount or less.
Generally, the most efficient use of this is to generate a move, then buy the signature style of that move (minimum price of 2 yen). A won 2-point move goes a long way!

Zappo

Explorer
OOC: Uhmmm... ok. (goes to read the sash rules) ... (finds out that they are nowhere to be found). So, if I ask a signature style for 2 yen, he can say "three!" and counter it (unless I say 4...)? If he wins, does he get a signature style for the round, or does he only gets to counter mine?

MidKnight

First Post
OOC: Not sure when they fixed the title editing thing - but GREAT JOB!! (now all we need is the html:D )

IC: MidKnight looks closely at the bush from a distance. He can discern nothing other than that there is someone behind the bush from here.

Not trusting the words of a hell-spawned demon, he decides to check it out himself. He walks close enough to hear hushed words being exchanged. Taking a guess at the nature of the voices he calls out to them, "Stand and show yourself you cowardly dogs!"

When the two cowardly individuals finally show themselves, MidKnight almost laughs at them. "Is this a joke or are you really looking for a good beating???"

MidKnight begins to look around for a suitable judge...

When one arrives he asks for three flags, as he wishes to teach the demon's servant a good lesson about accepting power from such a creature.

graydoom

First Post
Zappo said:
OOC: Uhmmm... ok. (goes to read the sash rules) ... (finds out that they are nowhere to be found). So, if I ask a signature style for 2 yen, he can say "three!" and counter it (unless I say 4...)? If he wins, does he get a signature style for the round, or does he only gets to counter mine?
Yup, that's essentially the way it works. Whoever wins the bidding spends that money to purchase one thing from me. You don't have to decide what you want before you start the bidding.

An example of bidding: Zappo decides he wants to see if he can bluff MidKnight out, and bids 2 yen, not saying what he wants. MidKnight, seeing that Zappo's move is a good one, outbids him for 3 yen. Zappo bids 4, and then MidKnight counters with 5, and Zappo is unable to continue. With that 5 yen, MidKnight decides to buy the sig style of his current move. GrayDoom takes the money and give it to him. However, on Zappo's next move, MidKnight has no money to outbid Zappo with....

MidKnight

First Post
Hey Zappo - would you prefer a standard match or a strategy match???

ps- I'm only on for about another hour before I have to leave for work, then I should be back on again around 7AM GMT (board time) for a short while.

Zappo

Explorer
OOC: got it. Uhm... this makes the whole thing very complex! MidKnight could let me buy a signature, maybe after having raised the bid so that I pay 4, and then buy a dirty trick... uhm, we'll see what happens. I reckon that if we had many yen the thing would become very ugly for us and very profitable for you. :D

IC

Kerall stands from behind the bush and kicks away the youngster with a fiery glare. "How the heck did you see us from that distance...", he starts. Then, seeing the judges arrive, he says: "Ok, it seems there's no other choice."

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
Let's try a strategy match.

Edit: 7 AM GMT means... about 1 AM for you and 8 AM for me, if I am correct. At 8 AM I'll be heading to the university for an exam; it's likely that I'll be online for two more hours from now and then from the early afternoon GMT. Or, of course, I could be entirely wrong :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases