D&D 5E Midnight: Legacy of Darkness announced at GenCon Online

After more than a decade out of print, the "what if Sauron won" 3E setting Midnight is coming back in 2021 for 5E as Midnight: Legacy of Darkness, Edge Entertainment announced Thursday, July 30, at GenCon Online: In its heyday, Midnight was one of the biggest RPG successes in Fantasy Flight's history. The setting went through two editions and was published from 2003 through 2009. Earlier...

After more than a decade out of print, the "what if Sauron won" 3E setting Midnight is coming back in 2021 for 5E as Midnight: Legacy of Darkness, Edge Entertainment announced Thursday, July 30, at GenCon Online:

In its heyday, Midnight was one of the biggest RPG successes in Fantasy Flight's history. The setting went through two editions and was published from 2003 through 2009.

Earlier this year, Fantasy Flight Games announced they were getting out of the RPG business and their games were going to be handled by Edge Entertainment, which is at least partially staffed by former FFG designers.

R_J_K75

Legend
It looks like at least the first Midnight Chronicles is free to stream for Amazon Prime members in the U.S. It... does not look promising.

I just found it, but yeah the few reviews I browsed didnt do much to convince me to watch it, not sure I want to subject myself to that kind of torture.

mykediemart

Explorer
According to Wikipedia it had 2 movies under the IP, probably straight to video or a USA Network release. I wonder if they are worth tracking down and watching?
They were pretty low Budget straight to video, but they were set in the World of Midnight. I actually watched one and was like wait ..this seems familiar.
I can enjoy both low budget with ok plot and cheesy bad omg how did this get made.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
I have never been as excited by a gaming product announcement as I am by this one... I will pre-order this product and anything else Midnight they decide to release!!!

R_J_K75

Legend
As the creator of Midnight, this is exciting and unexpected news! I'd also like to apologize to their apparently already beleaguered sensitivity readers. :oops:

Did the original campaign setting come with a poster map? I was able to find a used copy on Ebay cheap but the seller said if it had come with one they dont have it.

Did the original campaign setting come with a poster map? I was able to find a used copy on Ebay cheap but the seller said if it had come with one they dont have it.

It's sad that I can't be 100% certain without finding my stuff, but I believe the map was just printed on the endsheets.

The original was a physical clay sculpture created by the amazing William McAusland. Wish I had that...

Remove ads

Remove ads