• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mighty Cleave?

Dynel

First Post
A player in my game tells me she would like information on the Mighty Cleave feat. I ask her, "where did you hear about a 'Mighty Cleave' feat?" She points to the other players and tells me that they said something about it.

I have a lot of 3.x books, but I can't seem to find any info on a Mighty Cleave feat. Admittedly, I think it sounds familiar (something about a 5-foot step while cleaving), but I've poured over a half a dozen books and can't find it. Does anyone else have any info on this feat (and if it exists)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Epametheus

First Post
Mighty Cleave is a weapon enchantment if I remember right -- gives you one extra cleave attack per round for +1 enhancement. Okay if you have Cleave, utterly useless if you have Great Cleave.

She or you might have also been thinking of Supreme Cleave, which is an ability of the Samurai PrC from Sword & Fist.

Otterscrubber

First Post
I believe they are referring to a feat called Mounstrous Cleave that was in one of the fighter splatbooks, Sword and Fist perhaps. It is basically great cleave, but it allows you to take a 5ft step (if you have one left) to continue your cleaving fun. I believe the pre-req was Great Cleave, although I'm sure you coulda figured that out. I don't think there was any more to it, although I'm sure someone on the boards here can clarify if I've made any mistakes.

Legildur

First Post
I recall seeing it as a Prestige Class ability in a couple of different places.

Not 100% sure, but I think that the Samurai PrC from the 3.0 Sword and Fist has it and I'm sure that I saw it in the 3.5 Complete Warrior splatbook.

Allows one 5ft step between Cleave or Great Cleave attacks.

Stormrunner

Explorer
Don't have the book immediately to hand, but IIRC you just get one step. So you could Cleave a couple foes, step, and cleave a couple more, but you couldn't cleave-step-cleave-step-cleave-step.

Khristos

First Post
Stormrunner said:
Don't have the book immediately to hand, but IIRC you just get one step. So you could Cleave a couple foes, step, and cleave a couple more, but you couldn't cleave-step-cleave-step-cleave-step.

Frenzied Berserker and Knight Protector pack this perk in 3.5. Samurai had it in 3.0 S & F. Maybe something in one of the Faerun books might have it ( I am not a Forgotten Realms supporter so dont buy those... yes I know I could adapt stuff from there to my own world but then I would be supporting the continuance of FR by buying books for it so I don't)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads