D&D 5E Mike Schley hints at something bigger than Phandelver, The Book of Many Things, and even Planescape!

BRayne

Adventurer
I think they really missed an opportunity to buy Mercer's world (with him lead designer etc) and run that as THE flagship setting. But that ship has long since sailed.

Based on what Mercer has said on the matter of maintaining ownership of his ideas. I think that chance was ended roughly when The Escapist took full control of There Will Be Brawl.

I think the bookscan sales numbers shows this too. BTW. And kinda the Amazon numbers, but those are a little fuzzier. Yep, folks often underestimate the popularity of the Forgotten Realms, not just with older folks, but younger too.

...or just a pure map-size reference...'cause that's what he does. "the other books had 1-page maps, but boy oh boy...we're talking a fold-out bigger than Waterdeep's!!"

If it's Faerun then yeah that'd be bigger then Waterdeep, especially if it's detailed.

X

ugh.

Anyway I went to check on something and what do I see right away?

View attachment 295024
Well, that is interesting. I had to check if it had been in Tales from the Yawning Portal for the Against the Giants section, but I wasn't mis-remembering as it's not in there. Is there any past product this could have been in? If not, it's a very interesting reveal indeed - Greyhawk book, or part of the Vecna adventure?

darjr

I crit!
Well, that is interesting. I had to check if it had been in Tales from the Yawning Portal for the Against the Giants section, but I wasn't mis-remembering as it's not in there. Is there any past product this could have been in? If not, it's a very interesting reveal indeed - Greyhawk book, or part of the Vecna adventure?
Looks like Dragon #418

Remove ads