D&D 5E Mike Schley hints at something bigger than Phandelver, The Book of Many Things, and even Planescape!

darjr

I crit!
Social media creates distorted views of reality, like Exandria being more popular then the Forgotten Realms, when it isn't, not even among "Yutes."

In the last few years FR had the most profitable MtG Summer set, a MtG Commander Legends: Battle For Baldur's Gate that made OVER $100,000,000, a movie that has a $208,000,000 box office (not including tie in merch and DVD/VoD sales), and a video game that likely made over a billion dollars. That not including 1.5 MMOs, smaller games like ideal champions, Warriors of Waterdeep, various novels, etc...

WotC straight up said FR is the most popular setting. It's not Exandria. They aren't even in the same league.
I think the bookscan sales numbers shows this too. BTW. And kinda the Amazon numbers, but those are a little fuzzier.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Wait! Is the taco reference a reference to the Adventure Zone?!
No, it's a foodstuff in a post-colonial fantasy Mexico. The adventure is based around a fantasy version of Day of the Dead.

Dungeons-Dragons-Journeys-Through-the-Radiant-Citadel-Festival.jpg

I think we are several years past the point where companies would be making The Adventure Zone shout-outs.

Remove ads