• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mini Carrying case

I'm one of those guys who totes their minis around in a pistol case from K-Mart. Its a small one, hard plastic with soft foam inserts.

Best part? Only $4.99.

Worst part? I can't leave is on the back seat of my car, just in case I get pulled over for some reason. "No officer, it's not a gun. It has D&D miniatures in it. Little metal figures. What? OK, I'll get out of the car. Please, be careful when you open it, don't spill them on the ground..."

Attachments

• p583701reg.jpg
    p583701reg.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 271

I use a particularly sturdy shoebox I got a few years ago. Inside, I've got layers of foam with square holes cut into it to protect the minis.

eris404

Explorer
Mark said:
Recently I picked up a new, modular case system Charon Products (specifically the *ENnie Award Nominated* CHN 5001 Gamer's Satchel) which includes an insert case for the miniatures. You can (and I did) also pick up extra CHN 5002 Insert Case(s). I like idea of being able to have one or two of these filled with the minis I plan to use for a given adventure/session to avoid carrying the whole collection around.

I'm going to second this product. I was very surprised at how sturdy yet inexpensive the satchel was. I packed in 30 minis, dice, my character folder and the 3.5 SRD binder I made with no trouble.

diaglo

Adventurer
for the older leads, (read Henry's post about the problems), i use a lot of foam.

fishing tackle boxes, for small ones screw/bolt/nail organizers, an old rifle case, ammo caisson...and they keep rolling on and on...

when i'm really serious about wargaming, i rent a forklift. ;)

let me tell you 13000 lead figures weigh a lot.

Henry

Autoexreginated
diaglo said:
let me tell you 13000 lead figures weigh a lot.

On the other hand, in the event of a tornado, you can just hold on to your miniatures cases and be safe. :)

The best I've seen so far is that Battlehive contraption, which is meant for a combo of books and mini's - but my problem is as diaglo said - you can either have portability or nice-looking pewter/lead mini's - but you can't have both. Padding takes room and bulk.

kengar

First Post
I got 4 or 5 unsused large pizza boxes from Papa John's (they just gave them to me). Then I cut & glued some egg crate foam I bought from Bed Bath & Beyond (mattress padding: $10) to the bottom inside. the figs rest in the nooks & crannies and are kept safe enough if you don't turn the box sideways or shake it violently.

Storm Raven

First Post
I put magnetic bases on all my miniatures. That allows me to stand them inside of and carry them in metal toolboxes without them moving around.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Can someone give me a rough estimate as to how many D&D scale minis you could comfortably fit in a Battlehive? It's kinda hard to judge by the pics.

ejja_1

First Post
economy class case serious protection.

.97 fishing tackle boxes, single layer by shamino. That and the 10,000 cotton balls for a buck deal at Meijer's and you cant get no cheaper than that!
The only problem is when I use the mini's that I have flocked and added scenery to the bases, sometimes the cotton sticks to the well...sticks.
Although if your mini's come from a swamp setting the little whisps of smoke can be quite cool.
I will also second the buying the new pre painted figs, I got tired of doing repairs after letting other gamers handle my mini's. Who would have ever thoguht you would have to tell a 40 year old man to respect your stuff!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads