D&D General Miniature Survey

Li Shenron

Legend
I use Lego minifigs for PC, NPC and small/medium-size monsters.

I also use Lego animals, and bricks to build larger monsters and construction/terrain elements (not the whole building or landscape otherwise it would take AGES!).

Shiroiken

Legend
Way back in the day we used Heroquest minis, but those have been lost to time. I generally prefer to use theater of the mind when playing IRL, but occasionally use coins or dice to give a general layout for more complex fights. Since I now play on Roll20, you can make your own custom tokens instead, which is really nice.

Wooden tokens for D&D and other RPGs that might need such:

smollW1.jpg

Actual miniatures are for Warhammer:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Miniature Survey

...oh, I thought it would be a tiny survey. Tiny things are the best!

tumblr_pipfi5MGO41y0a67yo3_500.gif

(I don't use miniatures ... although, back in the day, I did employ various toy figures, mainly for marching order and/or visualizing certain combats quickly)

aco175

Legend
I buy just D&D fantasy. Our group has a lot of the 3e pre-painted figures and I will buy some random packs from the Wizards line or Pathfinder lines at the FLGS. We have some Heroquest with the larger spinning base taken off and some random animals or beasts from non-D&Dish games or lines thrown in. My brother has several of the Bones Kickstarter sets with hundreds of unpainted figures and he also likes to collect the paper minis that he can tote in baseball card sleeves. Between all of that, I do not tend to buy for myself anymore, but will pick up some randoms from the convention store and some for my son's collection- which he brings to the game for me to use. I guess I win either way.

Oofta

Legend
I have a mix. For PCs I buy and paint minis. I still paint minis for some monsters, but I also now have a decent collection of prepainted plastic minis.

But it's all pretty much just fantasy minis other than the bag o' zombies and some cheap plastic spiders bought from a Halloween store closing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases