• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miniatures and Your Character

Psychic Warrior

First Post
I have to admit I am a little anal about finding the right mini for the right character. it probably comes from owning thousands of the damned things so I figure I should a miniature for all occasions. And I usually do!

Huh. I'm quite happy to use a purple d10 for the fighter, a black d6 for the rogue, and a larger die or perhaps a coaster for the monster. (Or whatever the appropriate party composition may be.)

Then again, when I'm DMing, I only use minis for the most complex of battles anyway. :)

Riggs

First Post
I choose the character concept and then go looking for a close mini. I have an Artificer from House Cannith currently and I use a Warmachine mini with a wrench in one hand. He has some bits that are not really workable in Eberron but he's really close so good enough for me. Looks cool+close in equipment=good enough.

Crothian

First Post
Stormborn said:
You get a character idea in your head. You go out and look for a miniature. How close does that mini need to fit your character idea? Or do you do it the other way around?
Do you pull a Ken (from Dork Tower) and constantly mod your mini toperfectly reflect your character? Or do you just use a bottle cap? Probablly somewhere in between I would imagine, so what it is? And how do you find it?

I can care less if the mini represents my character. I'll use a die, a piece of lint, whatever I have to represent my character. Normally though people who use imins have lots of them and I get to use one of theirs. They are more likely to demands that my mini represent the character then I am.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
I *prefer* having a mini "close" to my character, but it is not necessary.

Sometimes, I see a mini that INSPIRES my concept. That's cool, because then both match :D

Allandaros

Explorer
I'm the DM for my group, and I'm getting minis to represent each of them. Since they've already got characters, it's just a matter of finding minis that match them closely enough. Besides, if I ever go into Mordheim, I'm going to have the coolest warband EVER.

shilsen

Adventurer
I prefer pick a mini which has some resemblance to my character concept, but that's about it, and it's not a requirement. Since the mini only represents and isn't actually my character (good thing too, since I've never played an inch high PC yet), I'm quite happy to represent the PC with a mini which looks grossly different, a die, a rock, etc.

pdkoning

First Post
It doesn't matter if the mini that represents my character does not look like the character. I even played with a Warg mini on a grid while my character actually was a human Bard.

I do however like it if the mini fits the character, As we play in the FLGS there are plenty of minis around.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
IamTheTest said:
Our group uses Lego (tm) people with weapons. Buildings are easy to make. Id like to get into painting minis someday though.

There's a gamer in orlando who showed use an entire minis case full of Star Wars legos for the Living Force game. I cried when I was not at his table. I loves me some Legos. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads